N400 Online status question

danagirl

Registered Users (C)
I understand that your online status for N400 disappears when your case has been sent to the DO. If you are set up for email alerts, do you get a message saying that your status has been updated when it disappears? I have been checking my status very often (since my case PD was over 5 months ago). But if I'll get an email alert, then I don't need to botherin checking every day.

e-mail alerts are not reliable at all. I have setup my account profile with e-mail alerts enabled but I have not received a single e-mail so far when my case status changed.

Moral of the story? Check the status every day if you think your case status is due for an update. :)

My mom received her interview letter on last friday and her case status never changed online! Its the same that we have received ur ....blah2! So I don't know whether to rely on this or not!

It dosen't look like the case status tool is working today. I keep getting a java error page when I try to login.

MasterUSA said:
e-mail alerts are not reliable at all. I have setup my account profile with e-mail alerts enabled but I have not received a single e-mail so far when my case status changed.

The whole "online status site" is not reliable at all. There is absolutely no consistency in any of the processes. I have seen many cases where the online status disappears once the interview letter is sent. But I have also seen cases where the online status never disappeared even after the case was approved. To add to the confusion, I have also seen cases where the online status disappeared while the case is still pending.

It like USCIS saying "If we can't serve you, we will confuse you". The joke is on us but we are not laughing!