bella_barnacle

Hello all-

I plan to apply in June 2022. Counting back 5 years from June 2017 until June 2022 I will have about 600 days out of USA and over 1100 days in. What I am concerned about is my frequent trips in 2017 and 2018. I am in my early 60s now (58 years old 5 years ago) and retired in 2019. When I entered USA in 2017 and 2018 I kept searching for jobs but was not successful so I continued my job overseas and built up my retirement savings. Before this time my husband had cancer and I had used a lot of savings to pay for his treatments and surgeries so it took me some time to settle all my affairs, ensure my financial security before moving here permanently. I NEVER violated the 6 month rule (so I meet physical presence and conditional residency requirements). The whole time I maintained the following several ties to USA (paid taxes, got a drivers license, bought a property, my family including my granddaughter live here, I even bought a funeral plot, sent money from my monthly salary over to my US bank account, moved my severance pay to US bank account, paid taxes on my severance pay).

Should I proceed with applying in June 2022? Are there other people in a similar frequent trip/living outside the US situation and had a successful interview?