N400 checklist

Hi.

Background: Wanting to use the 3 year rule for N400, been married to the same USC for longer than 3 years now.

I got the following list from this forum (an old thread last updated in 2010) and i want to make sure that i am prepared for this. (have not applied for N400 but will do that when i am eligible)

1. Proof of spouse being USC for more than 3 years

- spouse was born in the USA, so the passport would be enough? should i also request for the birth cert? (gone missing but can pay for a replacement - unless printed scan copy would be accepted too)

2. Marriage cert
- have this (foreign language) but have the translation too

3. Proof of termination ALL prior marriage for both
- okay i need to get my spouse's doc then, my 1st marriage, 2nd for my spouse

4. Evidence of bona fide marrige - would these be strong enough of evidences?
- surprisingly we do not have a joint account, but my spouse is on my credit cards (more than one card), both of our names are on the utility bills, and also on the house lease (we're renting now).
- for the years prior to me getting a GC (and 2 years after as well), my spouse filed tax "married filing separately", and only this year we both filed married filing together. and we will do the same for next year (but i might not get the tax transcript for next year in time before my N400). So i am unsure about this.
- we have life policy but it is in foreign language - and it might not be that easy to get this in printing to be honest (the system looks convoluted)
- we do have kids together
- our marriage is longer than 6 years now

If you fill in the n400 online, it basically tells you what docs you need to submit based on how you answered the questions. The evidence of continuing marital union I believe you only show at interview, you don’t submit with the application.

6+ years married, not eligible for n400 yet?

Suggest filing n400 when eligible, then asking specific Qs. As stated above, online app tells what documents are required to be submitted.

6+ years married, not eligible for n400 yet?

Suggest filing n400 when eligible, then asking specific Qs. As stated above, online app tells what documents are required to be submitted.
Sounds like marriage is longer than period inside USA.

Sort of figured that.. hoping OP would chime in with additional info about their US admission and eligibility

Well with marriage certificate, insurance policy etc in foreign language one assumes. Sounds like she hasn’t met 3 years continuous residence yet.

6++ years married but only became LPR 3 years ago. made a move to the USA 1 year++ ago and banking on using the 2 years 1 day rule.

alright, i will try using the online n400 form. Online is better than paper filing is it?

6++ years married but only became LPR 3 years ago. made a move to the USA 1 year++ ago and banking on using the 2 years 1 day rule.

alright, i will try using the online n400 form. Online is better than paper filing is it?

It’s a bit quicker and as above, you get some peace of mind in that you know you’ve submitted what’s necessary, it calculates the days out of the country for you based on your travel dates, and flags any potential issues with your application.

It’s a bit quicker and as above, you get some peace of mind in that you know you’ve submitted what’s necessary, it calculates the days out of the country for you based on your travel dates, and flags any potential issues with your application.
Will use the online option then. Thank you!