N400 applied - did NOT disclose my former employee suing company including me.

CaliGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Looks like I messed up!!! I filed for my N400 on 4/23 (early filing, GC obtained 07/11/2007). I work for a big company in California and we fired one of our team member for poor performance in Oct. 2011. In Dec. 2011 the fired employee is suing my company and me (since I was manager) and my manager.

Our company legal is taking care of the case, since it is a corporate matter. DID I MESS UP BY NOT DISCLOSING THIS IN THE APPLICATION OR WRITE ADDITIONAL INFO ALONG WITH MY APPLICATION?

Since I submitted the application recently and did not even receive the finger prints, can I take a Infopass appointment and disclose it now? please advice

Thanks!

Hi,

Looks like I messed up!!! I filed for my N400 on 4/23 (early filing, GC obtained 07/11/2007). I work for a big company in California and we fired one of our team member for poor performance in Oct. 2011. In Dec. 2011 the fired employee is suing my company and me (since I was manager) and my manager.

Our company legal is taking care of the case, since it is a corporate matter. DID I MESS UP BY NOT DISCLOSING THIS IN THE APPLICATION OR WRITE ADDITIONAL INFO ALONG WITH MY APPLICATION?

Since I submitted the application recently and did not even receive the finger prints, can I take a Infopass appointment and disclose it now? please advice

Thanks!

As far as I know this is a court case in the going and you do not need to disclose it. You were not cited, arrested, or fined, right?

As far as I know this is a court case in the going and you do not need to disclose it. You were not cited, arrested, or fined, right?

Hello nwctzn: Appreciate your response.

Right, I was not cited/fined. Infact since this is a corporate matter the company's legal team is representing as a whole.

Think you are fine

I don't know for certain, but I don't think that USCIS cares about civil matters. If it was a criminal matter, then maybe. In my interview, the person did ask me if I had ever been in a courtroom and I mentioned a small claims case and the officer didn't pursue that.

I don't know for certain, but I don't think that USCIS cares about civil matters. If it was a criminal matter, then maybe. In my interview, the person did ask me if I had ever been in a courtroom and I mentioned a small claims case and the officer didn't pursue that.

Hi isitanylonger,

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate your help. It may be couple of months before my interview will happen and I'll ensure to carry all information I have for the case and discuss during the interview.

Thanks!

don't bother

Hi isitanylonger,

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate your help. It may be couple of months before my interview will happen and I'll ensure to carry all information I have for the case and discuss during the interview.

Thanks!

I wouldn't even bother bringing those documents and there is need to mention it unless they ask a very specific question.

Hi,

Thanks!

There is no requirement for you to disclose these types of lawsuits during the naturalization process.
In fact, if you read the N-400 carefully, you will see that there is not a single question there asking about such lawsuits.

You did not have to put anything about this in N-400 and you certainly don't have to say anything at all about this during the interview.

There is no requirement for you to disclose these types of lawsuits during the naturalization process.
In fact, if you read the N-400 carefully, you will see that there is not a single question there asking about such lawsuits.

You did not have to put anything about this in N-400 and you certainly don't have to say anything at all about this during the interview.

baikal3, Jackolantern, isitanylonger,

Thanks for the advice. I'll not mention/discuss this during the Interview. I've peace of mind now after reading your responses.

Appreciate your help, Thank YOU!!!