N400 Application - Work for my own corporation (SCorp)

indyanguy

Registered Users (C)
I am a owner of a SCorp that runs payroll for me. I am the President/CEO/Software engineer contracting with other clients.

Q1. What should I specify for Employment type - Self-employment or Employer?
Q2. What should I specify for Occupation - Software Development or Occupation not reported (I don't see President, CEO in the list)
Q3. SCorp was formed in 2016 while I was still working for the employer that filed for my GC. I was working on a part time basis until i went full time later in 2017. Should I specify the start date as 2016 or 2017? (I did receive payroll in 2016 from my scorp)

Thanks

I am a owner of a SCorp that runs payroll for me. I am the President/CEO/Software engineer contracting with other clients.

Q1. What should I specify for Employment type - Self-employment or Employer?
Q2. What should I specify for Occupation - Software Development or Occupation not reported (I don't see President, CEO in the list)
Q3. SCorp was formed in 2016 while I was still working for the employer that filed for my GC. I was working on a part time basis until i went full time later in 2017. Should I specify the start date as 2016 or 2017? (I did receive payroll in 2016 from my scorp)

Thanks
You have a business . Put business owner/self employed. Wording isnt as important as proof of tax payments . Have 5/3 years of tax returns .

Thanks JBuff. Technically I am an employee of my own company and I receive a W2 and not a 1099. So, shouldn't I specify the employer name?

You seem to be confusing your tax setup with the substance of your case? I agree with jbuff about self employed, especially given your multitude of titles/roles that clearly wouldn’t be the case for any normal employee of a company.