N400 application - Multiple address at same time

Saiaws

Hello, I have question on N400 - Citizenship application. My home is in Georgia where my family live, but I rented an apartment in North Carolina for about 9 months as I my clinet location is there NC. I used to stay from Monday to Friday in NC and travel back to my Home in GA in the week ends. This happened about 2 years ago. I have GA Dirver License and all my Pay checks, W2's and Credit Cards are having my GA address only.

Please suggest me on which address do I need to write in the last 5 years address for the time I have rented a home in other state.

Thank you in advance!

Hello, I have question on N400 - Citizenship application. My home is in Georgia where my family live, but I rented an apartment in North Carolina for about 9 months as I my clinet location is there NC. I used to stay from Monday to Friday in NC and travel back to my Home in GA in the week ends. This happened about 2 years ago. I have GA Dirver License and all my Pay checks, W2's and Credit Cards are having my GA address only.

Please suggest me on which address do I need to write in the last 5 years address for the time I have rented a home in other state.

Thank you in advance!
Write every address you've lived at in the last 5 years. Whether it be 1 address or 50 different addresses doesn't make a difference. In your case it would be the Georgia and NC address

Thank you for your response Jbuff! You mean to say that I have to write both address with overlapping time. For example from Jan 2015 to Oct 2015 lived in both address in GA and NC. Is it correct?

Thank you for your response Jbuff! You mean to say that I have to write both address with overlapping time. For example from Jan 2015 to Oct 2015 lived in both address in GA and NC. Is it correct?
eg places you've live in the last 5 years = line 1:Georgia January 2013 to January 2018 = 5 years

Line 2: NC January 2015 to October 2015 = 9 months you spent living/ both addresses traveling back and forth

Your 9 month stay in NC just falls in the time line of your 5 year stay in Georgia.

If it's brought up in the interview about the overlapping time lines Explained to the IO the same way you explained here.. You rented an apartment for 9 months but maintained a home in Georgia the
Key here is total disclosure that's what they expect and that's what you'll Give them GL

Trust me when I tell you it's nothing new. IO see it all, with the amount of people they interview your situation isn't going to be something they haven't encountered before, so don't be surprise if it's not even brought up.

Last edited: