Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stronlgy Disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shie0023

Registered Users (C)
Alright ladies and gentlemen, after reading through numerous public forums such as this one on Naturalization process and N400 application questions, I've concluded that the process that takes up the most waiting time in our N400 applications is the clearance of our "name checks"! According to many of you, FBI fingerprinting results are immediately processed and electronically sent to the USCIS. Because of that, we know it's not the FBI background checks that holds up our application. It is the "name check" that holds up our application (ie getting our interview letter AND/OR getting our oath ceremony invitation letter).

This proposes a question. What kind of name do you have? Do you have a Arabic name, Pakistanian name, Asian name, English name,? Are you Krashia Mohamed or are you Sarah Johnson? I want to know what kind of name you have and how long you've waited or are waiting?! If we get a Joe Smith and he only waited 3 months to receive his interview or oath letter and then we have a Abudule Alakalaka and he waited for 2 years, then at least we can anticipate how long we will have to wait based on what kind of names we have!

If you're an Asian, then I want to know how long you've waited!?
If you're an Canadian, Austrilian, British, French, I want to know how long you've waited?
If you're a Middle East affliated country person, then I want to know how long you've waited?

You guys get my drift? Does your name dictate how long you will wait for your interview and/or oath letter because of the "name check"? Lets find out!

Please post your experiences (no need to post your name, just provide us with your background).

Last edited by a moderator:
(no need to post your name, just provide us with your background).

I don't want no names, I just want your opinions and your experience if you have gone through it. I, on the other hand, would love to share my experiences, but I just got my fingers printed this afternoon so I really don't have much to share since my waiting period for my interview letter had just started.

Now I know there are lots of you out there that had your fingers printed 6, 9, 12 months ago and still waiting to hear from USCIS or you've already Naturalized. It's for those people that I am hoping to hear from.

It's not that hard. Just say something like, "I'm Asian Indian and I waited 7 months for my interview later after my fingerprints." That's all this thread is about. It's not about "tell me your name"!?

Well, I had created two polls about country of origin and age group of people stuck in name check. I made the polls ANONYMOUS (!) even then people did not respond. It is almost as if people are ashamed of their nationality! I have voted - one of two people so far after 40 or so views! Come on guys it is not as if you are voting for the President where less than 50% Americans may vote!

Well, I had created two polls about country of origin and age group of people stuck in name check. I made the polls ANONYMOUS (!) even then people did not respond. It is almost as if people are ashamed of their nationality! I have voted - one of two people so far after 40 or so views! Come on guys it is not as if you are voting for the President where less than 50% Americans may vote!

I think people do not vote because a retorical question was asked. If someone's name is John Smith, there is no way that guy is getting through name check ... not ever...

The way it works, for an FBI agent to manually go through all (probably millions) hits on Johns and Smiths is a full time job for at least a year... but after a year, all these Johns and Smithes will create probably another few thousand hits (and probably some more Johns and Smiths are born). So poor agent need to sort those new hits out... and so on and so on... This guy has no chance and FBI agent is going to retire checking hits for John Smiths.

I think people do not vote because a retorical question was asked. If someone's name is John Smith, there is no way that guy is getting through name check ... not ever...

The way it works, for an FBI agent to manually go through all (probably millions) hits on Johns and Smiths is a full time job for at least a year... but after a year, all these Johns and Smithes will create probably another few thousand hits (and probably some more Johns and Smiths are born). So poor agent need to sort those new hits out... and so on and so on... This guy has no chance and FBI agent is going to retire checking hits for John Smiths.

Why would FBI and USCIS run back ground checks and/or name checks against "new born" John Smiths? I'm sure there are filters to eliminate all John Smiths without a criminal back grounds and John Smiths that are minors.

You views are legitimate and that's why I started this thread. So based on your views, you don't believe it has to do with name types that so many applicants are waiting for a long time?

This poll/thread is about, is it name types or shear volume that is holding up "name checks"? Place you vote and feel free to discuss your view. If you've been Naturalized and/or have been waiting for a long time, please tell us your story.

If you're name is Hashid Kabulakkda, I want to know how long you've waited thus far!!!

Shie0023,
You still havent given us your information as far as nationality or name is concerned. If you started the thread then you must start with your own information (name and nationality). I can guarantee you 100% that no one will give the name. Majority will be ok with the nationality only. Nationality on its own may or may not set a criteria as to how long it will take to clear background check. BUT WE DONT KNOW (It still needs to be proven) whether on this board or some other board.

Shie0023,
If you started the thread then you must start with your own information (name and nationality). I can guarantee you 100% that no one will give the name.

Once again, for the 5th time, I DON'T WANT YOU TO POST YOUR NAMES!!!

What I am looking for is IF YOU HAVE YOUR FINGERS PRINTED ALREADY AND YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME FOR YOUR INTERVIEW OR YOU'VE ALREADY INTERVIEWED BUT STILL WAITING FOR YOUR OATH LETTER, THEN DO YOU THINK YOUR NAME (BECAUSE HOW IT'S SPELLED) IS HOLDING UP YOUR APPLICATION?

I don't care for online information or "stickys", I simply want to know if you have waited for a long time after fingerprinting, maybe it's because of your name. What is the background of your name?

I'm Asian, I hope my name doesn't get hold up because I'm Asian!! See, it's not that hard. But I can't really give my experience because I just got my fingers printed today!!!

All you people have to type is: (examples)

"I'm from Iran and I've only waited 4 months for my interview after I got my fingers printed!"

"I'm Canadian (Caucasian) and I waited for 7 months until I received my interview after my fingerprints."

Got it?

If you don't want to contribute to this thread, then maybe you can place your vote to the poll. I'm not checking your passports here! The stories shared here (if any) may help all of us.

Well, if you really believe a "name check" process just check for "hits" you are living in lala land. Go check the petition of 3000+ people and see how many names in it belong to John Doe's. There are tons of unique ethinic names I have never heard before. The posts on this forum have indicated that FBI uses "classified criterion" and soundex algorithm to get "hits" on names. What you have written is too simplistic. That is not how a "name" check is done.

Should I be concerned...name check cleared or not?

Just after 1 month I found from infopass that my case is stuck with name check, I got the GC. Now my question is should I be concerned and try to find out (how?) if my name check was cleared or not? May that create a problem for my travel (during reentry even though I'd be out for 3-4 weeks).

I'm sure some people will be in the same boat because lots of approval happened in last couple of months and some of them must be with name check not cleared or not sure if cleared.

Thanks

Race will not tell you much. Annecdotal evidence indicates some one with an Asian name born in Taiwan goes through without any hassle. Some one born in China has a very high probability of getting stuck. So the country of birth is more important. The likelyhood of a Christian or Muslim from Iraq getting stuck in name check is the same.

Once again, for the 5th time, I DON'T WANT YOU TO POST YOUR NAMES!!!

What I am looking for is IF YOU HAVE YOUR FINGERS PRINTED ALREADY AND YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME FOR YOUR INTERVIEW OR YOU'VE ALREADY INTERVIEWED BUT STILL WAITING FOR YOUR OATH LETTER, THEN DO YOU THINK YOUR NAME (BECAUSE HOW IT'S SPELLED) IS HOLDING UP YOUR APPLICATION?

I don't care for online information or "stickys", I simply want to know if you have waited for a long time after fingerprinting, maybe it's because of your name. What is the background of your name?

I'm Asian, I hope my name doesn't get hold up because I'm Asian!! See, it's not that hard. But I can't really give my experience because I just got my fingers printed today!!!

All you people have to type is: (examples)

"I'm from Iran and I've only waited 4 months for my interview after I got my fingers printed!"

"I'm Canadian (Caucasian) and I waited for 7 months until I received my interview after my fingerprints."

Got it?

If you don't want to contribute to this thread, then maybe you can place your vote to the poll. I'm not checking your passports here! The stories shared here (if any) may help all of us.