N-600K - evidence of presence in the US

RebeccaS

I am applying for citizenship for my daughter. I have not lived in the US since early childhood so my mother must provide evidence of her presence in the US instead. My father is not a US citizen. We left the US in 1984, so all the documents in question are very old or have been misplaced.

She has presented me with her birth certificate, immunisation record (but it has only one entry), high school diploma, degree certificate, marriage certificate and Social Security record (showing about 10 years of contributions). I was thinking that - since I didn't have the academic transcripts - the Social Security record would be the primary evidence, with the other documents generally providing circumstantial confirmation that she had an established life in the US over a long period.

But I've just been looking at the US embassy pages, and it states that Social Security records should be supported by other evidence because income can also be earned overseas. I'm now worried. My mother doesn't have any other documents from her employment during those years, and she was working in places I'm not sure still exist, let along have records dating back almost 50 years. Does this mean that this evidence will be thrown out? Is acquiring academic transcripts the only way to go now? I don't think her High School is still open...

Finally, I may be able to find copies of her old passports from the 60s and 70s. Would these be accepted? Would the combination of the Social Security transcript and passports showing that she was physically present in the US at that time be okay?

I'm very nervous about supplying enough information and have no idea what kind of evidence they would normally want. Based on the form instructions, I would have thought my original packet of evidence would be enough, but now, I'm very concerned...

Any advice would be appreciated!