N-600 process time

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I submited the N-600 for my kids to Los Angeles office in Feb, I did not get anything so far,
no case number also.

any one here in the same boat?

Thanks

I have applied on Jan1st 2010 for my son 12 years old. I got a letter stating that, they have received the application it might take 180 days for process. Contact if you donot receive it in 180 days. That is the status and I checked the onlinne status and it seems only 20 applications pending as of Jan at Washington DO and unfortuntely one of them is my son's application. I will post if receive anything. You pls. do the same.

n600 status

rajarajan3,

How did you check the online status ?. Did you get a receipt/application number with your letter?
Can you publish the web link ?

It is not a formal receipt letter. There is no number assoicated with it. Just a piece of paper. So no way to track it. I just checked the processing time and number of applications received on this category and how many processed at Washington DO. That is it.

National Average processing time is 5 months....There is no way to check the status. All you get is a cash receipt for the Fees paid for N-600... Relax - Please give yourself a minimum 6 and maximum 8 months to receive the Cert. of Citizenship for your kids... I had applied for my kid in May 2010 and not expecting anything till Thx Giving or Christmas!!!!

Hi everyone.
i will apply for N600 on wednesday at Saipan, CNMI USCIS office.
i am a filipina and half chamorro, i was born in PI but my father is a US Citizen and my mother a filipino.
my father died in 2005 but before he died he acknowledge me as his biological daughter and i can use that acknowledgement in any jurisdiction.
If i file my application on wednesday, July 7, 2010 when do you think i can receive my certificate?
considering i am a daughter of a born US citizen father.
please help me.

I am a silent visitor these Days ..But just wanted to update my daughter (7 Years Old ) N-600 status.

N-600
06-18-10 Sent to San jose Field Office on
06-22-10 Received Receipt notice from San Jose field Office that they are received package.
8/3/2010 Received letter of approval and asking to come to san jose office by doing infopass
8/5/2010 Went to San jose USCIS field office and took Naturalization Certificate

Did they ask you to bring your daughter as well to USCIS office?

I am a silent visitor these Days ..But just wanted to update my daughter (7 Years Old ) N-600 status.

N-600
06-18-10 Sent to San jose Field Office on
06-22-10 Received Receipt notice from San Jose field Office that they are received package.
8/3/2010 Received letter of approval and asking to come to san jose office by doing infopass
8/5/2010 Went to San jose USCIS field office and took Naturalization Certificate

Sorry for the late reply,

No ..USCIS did not ask to bring my daughter to office ..They said parents can visit and can collect Naturalization Certificate ..

have not received any information for N600

I have applied on Jan 2nd 2010, I have not received any approval letter.
What needs to be done?

Well, Its look like it is always depends on the Service Center .. Perhaps San Jose is bit fast .

Its always good idea to visit with a infopass to your Service Cente to escalate the issue ..

Yeah i know ... 9 Months bit longer .

I just applied for my N-600 this week - send the app in on Sept 13th and got a confirmation of receipt by USPS certified mail tracking for 9/14 - I sent mine to the San Francisco, CA district office.

Hoping the process is quicker than the 5 to 6 months time folks are talking about. Anyone with experience applying to the SF office and their expediency?

I have applied in Jan 2nd till now no approval letter. planning to go for infopass. Is there any one who received N600 recently from the DC area?

It would seem that we are all in the same boat. I posted mind on the 13th Nov 2010, addressed to the Norfolk office VA, the check was cashed five days later. A letter saying that my file was being processed arrived 10 days later, alas it had no file number, so you cannot check online as to where you are in the Q. I will undate should I hear anything, good luck everyone.

It would seem that we are all in the same boat. I posted mind on the 13th Nov 2010, addressed to the Norfolk office VA, the check was cashed five days later. A letter saying that my file was being processed arrived 10 days later, alas it had no file number, so you cannot check online as to where you are in the Q. I will undate should I hear anything, good luck everyone.

Only people living in Maryland file an N-600 at the Vermont Service Center. Only a Service Center has the computer access to process the N-600 in that manner, where you geta receipt number to check in the case status online. Even then, once it leaves VCS, no more online update is done.

Everyone else files at the local office and each one moves at its own pace.

We filed N-600 for our 16 year old daughter in mid November and she received a notice in today's mail, for March 25th. The notice doesn't say it's for an Oath Ceremony but it says to bring green card and wear appropriate dress, no jeans. So I think that's what it is. That will be around 4.5 months from filing. Not bad.

Ironically, my husband filed N-400 about a week earlier and is still waiting for an IL (along with other October and November Atlanta filers, it seems). I guess the DO will get these N-400 interviews scheduled eventually.

The law does say they will take the Oath to get the Certificate (but it may be waived for the very young or incompetent). It is an opportunity for good public relations and good press to do a kind of a ceremony for a bunch of kids.....

INA 341 CERTIFICATES OF CITIZENSHIP OR U.S. NON-CITIZEN NATIONAL STATUS; PROCEDURE

(a) A person who claims to have derived United States citizenship through the naturalization of a parent or through the naturalization or citizenship of a husband, or who is a citizen of the United States by virtue of the provisions of section 1993 of the United States Revised Statutes, or of section 1993 of the United States Revised Statutes, as amended by section 1 of the Act of May 24, 1934 (48 Stat. 797), or who is a citizen of the United States by virtue of the provisions of subsection (c), (d), (e), (g), or (i) of section 201 of the Nationality Act of 1940, as amended (54 Stat. 1138; 8 U.S.C. 601), or of the Act of May 7, 1934 (48 Stat. 667), or of paragraph (c), (d), (e), or (g) of section 301 of this title, or under the provisions of the Act of August 4, 1937 (50 Stat. 558), or under the provisions of section 203 or 205 of the Nationality Act of 1940 (54 Stat. 1139; 8 U.S.C. 603, 605), or under the provisions of section 303 of this title, may apply to the Attorney General for a certificate of citize nship. Upon proof to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the applicant is a citizen, and that the applicant's alleged citizenship was derived as claimed, or acquired, as the case may be, and upon taking and subscribing before a member of the Service within the United States to the oath of allegiance required by this Act of an applicant for naturalization, such individual shall be furnished by the Attorney General with a certificate of citizenship, but only if such individual is at the time within the United States.

As I thought, the appointment on Friday (March 25th) was for an Oath Ceremony. It was an all-N600 ceremony, for around 100 teens, and it was quite nice and appreciated by families, as you suggest, BigJoe5.

So my daughter's Atlanta N600 did indeed take around 4.5 months from filing to certificate.