N-600 form withdrawal

David6156

Good Day; could anyone please help explain how to request the withdrawal of the N-600 form? I believe you were correct that there would be no return because I need to file the N-600K soon and it's difficult and time-consuming to mail letters back to the United States while I'm on deployment overseas. , I asked the USCIS when I called them , they told me I can hire an attorney ,but why would I hire an attorney and lose more money if I did so. I just need to upload the letter to the USCIS website or send it to their email address, I have this email only (uscis.webmaster@uscis.dhs.gov) but I'm not sure if they will be able to assist me with the withdrawal.could you please tell me if there is a better way or easier to do the withdrawal ?

Last edited:
First you need to determine whether your son is already automatically a US citizen, which is likely given your description in the other post. (If you filed N-600 for him, then you must have believed that he was already a US citizen, because N-600 can only be filed for people who are already US citizens.) If your son is already a US citizen, he is not eligible for N-600K, as that is only for children who are not US citizens, and requires entering the US as a nonimmigrant. You should follow up on your other thread, and respond to the questions asked there.

so many
First you need to determine whether your son is already automatically a US citizen, which is likely given your description in the other post. (If you filed N-600 for him, then you must have believed that he was already a US citizen, because N-600 can only be filed for people who are already US citizens.) If your son is already a US citizen, he is not eligible for N-600K, as that is only for children who are not US citizens, and requires entering the US as a nonimmigrant. You should follow up on your other thread, and respond to the questions asked there.
Dear Newacct ;

1. I truly appreciate your response. My son was born abroad, but got his US passport after I obtained the citizenship. Does this mean he is now a US citizen?

2. i have two other daughters who are older than him , they have expired green card and they live abroad , that is why a friend of mine suggested for me to apply for N-600 , but once i applied for the N-600 the USCIS asked me to have them do their biometrics in the states while they live out of the states and while i am on my deployment now i can’t take them to the US because i cant travel to their country and also they have expired green card , Therefore, the same friend advised me to file an N-600K and request a withdrawal from the N-600. I would really appreciate your assistance, as well as that of anyone else who can shed some light on my situation and let me know if I'm heading in the correct direction.