N-600 Certificate of Citizenship to obtain US Passport

D

Deleted member 437230

Hello all I've searched and went through FAQ and must have missed something, but if this is a duplicate please do direct me and thanks in advance for everyone's insights!

BACKGROUND:
My siblings and i acquired (we were all born outside the country) USA citizenship as minors via our deceased USA citizen (biological) father. Our parents separated only and did not divorce. So as minors, we did not know we were supposed to keep our citizenship documents, such as passport etc. safe ourselves, since the Parents were supposed to keep them safe right? After our parent's separation, who knows what happened to all our documents :rolleyes:

WHAT WE'RE TRYING TO GET:
We all are over 18+ now and can work on our USA passport application.

ISSUE:
We do not have our previous USA passport, certificate of citizenship and other related documents, No copies at all.
We have no information such as documentation in regards of our father's naturalization. He expired.

Since we do not have a Primary and Secondary Citizenship evidence, for applying for USA passport, we were advised to apply for form N-600 Application of Certificate of Citizenship. Then once certificate of citizenship is obtained, we can then apply for a USA passport.
QUESTIONS:
Given our situation, is this the route we can obtain a USA passport? if not, what are our other options?
How can we get a USA passport without having to get the certificate?

QUESTIONS:
If this is the correct route, questions for form N-600:
1) Part 2, item 14C, it asks for: a lawful permanent resident (lpr), a nonimmigrant, a refugee/asylee, other
What is the proper way of answering this question? Do we select "other" and explain that we are USA citizens and make the explanation in Part 11?

2) Part 4, item 6, it asks for our father's Naturalization information.
Since we have no information, is it safe to enter "Unknown" and or leave it blank and make the explanation in Part 11?

3) If we were to leave Parts 2 and 4, what is the best way we can ensure that our application N-600 will be approved and that we will not waste over a thousand bucks?

Thank you all in advance for the insights! Much appreciated