N-600 application

kbdao2112

Hello! I'm in the process of applying for US citizenship. I am filing it online on USCIS website, there are more documents required me to upload than I expected. The only reason I'm applying for the citizenship is to have a passport for easy travel out of the country because there are countries doesn't accept visa.
These are the documents I have: adoption decree, my birth certificate, parent's birth certificate, parent's marriage certificate, my permanent resident card, parent's n-550 form, my passport's photos.

Some documents they ask for are Affidavits, baptismal certificate, school record, census record, these I dont have.
I'm already graduated from college so I don't have any current school record, and I've never baptismal.

I guess my question is if it's easier to file it through mailing? Would it slower the progress of approving or am I going to be rejected?

The application fee for this form N-600 is $1170, which is pretty expensive for me. I'm trying to make sure that I will be approved and not have to do more stuff.

Thank you so much for the help!

N-600 is to apply for a Certificate of Citizenship for someone who already has US citizenship, not for "applying for US citizenship". If you already have US citizenship (which you must if you are considering filing N-600), you can instead just directly apply for a US passport with the same evidence, which is much cheaper and much faster to get.

N-600 is to apply for a Certificate of Citizenship for someone who already has US citizenship, not for "applying for US citizenship". If you already have US citizenship (which you must if you are considering filing N-600), you can instead just directly apply for a US passport with the same evidence, which is much cheaper and much faster to get.
thank you!

I filled out N-600k in September 2019 for my kids. We live overseas so my father is the petitioner for my kids. He received a letter of invitation of ceremony for both of them on April 23, 2019 to attend the ceremony on April 29, 2019 (USCIS wanted us to travel from Australia to US on 5day notice. Ridiculous right!).

We managed to book air tickets on April 23, 2019 (costed $7,000) and on April 24, 2019 we received an email of cancellation of ceremony with out explaining any reason (Are they serious?).

Luckily air ticket was flexible and can be used before June 16, 2019 so now we have to travel between May, 20, 2019 to June 15, 2019.
I have tried to call 800 number and immigration officer raised a service request to let the local office know that you have messed up these people and you need to give appointment in this timeframe. Immigration officer said it may take 30 days to respond.

Have anyone faced this? Or do guys know what can I do in this case? How can I get urgent appointment?

Thanks
Bhuv