N-400 with expired passport

GZX

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to apply for citizenship in October and I am not sure if it is mandatory to get a new passport. My current passport expired in March 2018. During the last 5 years I didn't have any trip outside of US. I have all passports I ever used.

Getting a new passport is a big hustle as it requires two trips to Washington-DC (I do not live in driving distance), and it might take up to 6 months or more. Also, it is not easy to get 2 leaves from my job.

Thank you very much in advance.

No, it is not necessary to have a passport to live in the US as a permanent resident or to apply for naturalization.

Hey guys I have a question!!
Wifey and I won DV lottery and moved here a while back. We both have 10 year green card for more than 5 years now and looking to file for citizenship. We both gat into schools in different states and we have been commuting back and forth. we both have established residency in these states. Can we file in our respective states or do we have to have a single address before filling?
Thanks

You and your spouse file separate applications. So might as well file in respective residential jurisdiction.

The problem is, when I was filling the N-400 form, it asked of spouses address and I was wondering if it is required of married individuals to file in the same state with the same address?