N-400 with DUI and traffic tickets.

spockontherock

Hello I am a PR who has been living in Virginia since 2015. I have never left the country. I received a DUI in 2012 since then i have 5 speeding tickets. 1 in 2015, 2 in 2016, 1 in 2017 and 1 in 2018 that is pending in the court. My DUI had no aggravating factors, it was a simple DUI but I refused to take the alcohol test since I did not understand my rights. The charge of refusal got dismissed but I got convicted of the DUI. I received a restricted licence for work and received my licence after a year. I didn't get in trouble till I received these tickets recently. All my tickets are paid off. I hired an attorney for my recent driving ticket and hopefully we can get the charge reduced to a non moving violation before my interview on June 28th. If I can't resolve the issue before then i plan on paying the ticket and taking the receipt to the interview. I have never received a reckless driving charge and I have always paid my tickets on time. I have never driven on a suspended licence and complied with all court orders. I am self employed and manage 2 retail locations so drive a lot. I am up to date on my taxes and i dont have any skeletons in my closet. What are my chances?

Hello I am a PR who has been living in Virginia since 2015. I have never left the country. I received a DUI in 2012 since then i have 5 speeding tickets. 1 in 2015, 2 in 2016, 1 in 2017 and 1 in 2018 that is pending in the court. My DUI had no aggravating factors, it was a simple DUI but I refused to take the alcohol test since I did not understand my rights. The charge of refusal got dismissed but I got convicted of the DUI. I received a restricted licence for work and received my licence after a year. I didn't get in trouble till I received these tickets recently. All my tickets are paid off. I hired an attorney for my recent driving ticket and hopefully we can get the charge reduced to a non moving violation before my interview on June 28th. If I can't resolve the issue before then i plan on paying the ticket and taking the receipt to the interview. I have never received a reckless driving charge and I have always paid my tickets on time. I have never driven on a suspended licence and complied with all court orders. I am self employed and manage 2 retail locations so drive a lot. I am up to date on my taxes and i dont have any skeletons in my closet. What are my chances?
Chance are 50/50

The fact that you have multiple speeding tickets
Even though a speeding ticket isnt considered a big deal. But you have multiple . Not good. So now it seems as you dont have any regards for traffic laws

That now gives Immigration just cause to go beyond the 5 year period. Which now will bring your Dui from 2012 into play. Good luck. Smile and be as polite as you can.

When i got my citizenship. I had multiple felony arrest. Dating some 10 years back. Never convicted tho. I listed every single one . All of that came up and i followed my gut instinct and walked with the necessary court papers. Even tho they were a Decade ago

The officer was very nice and said without the court documents. he would have still. Given a suggestion for approval. But then the Decision would ultimatley be up to his supervisor. Because of the arrest.

So dont forget to walk with ur Court Dispostion/s

And hopefully you listed all ur traffic infractions along with your DUI on there. Even though it was six years ago