N-400 question : arrested, cited, or detained

TSC05S

Registered Users (C)
item 16: have you ever been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer ....etc
I was arrested in my COP for political reason. should I mark yes or this question for the US only and not for other country ?

also, do I need a lawyer to come with me for my N-400 interview ?

I had same problem for this when I filed I-485, my lawer told me that it was not arrested, it was persecution in COP.

So the answer should be NO!

topgun999 and John .. Thank you !

I did marked it as NO and sent to the lawyer to review. but I got a call on Friday from my lawyer assistant and she asked me to mark it as Yes because I was dtained in my COP. I tried to explain to her this question is related to the US not COP. Plus when the lawyer filled my I-485 4 years ago he marked the same question as NO and wrote explaining "detained for political reason". I am not sure what she is talking about.

16. Have you ever been arrested, or detained by any law enforcment officer (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason?
This question is clear and has nothing to do with your COP and the answer should be NO unless you've been arrested for any reason in US.

just tell your your lawyer assistant not to change anything on your application, the answer should be no,no,no, dont volunteer any information, end of story