N-400 Interview at Fairfax, VA - Sam day oath? Recent Experiences?

ccordova624

Registered Users (C)
Hello Forum,

Im having my citizenship interview on tuesday after almost 7 months from application date. Im a resident of the District of Columbia and my interview is scheduled at the Fairfax location.

Questions:

1. Does anybody has knowledge or recent experience about this office doing same day oaths? If so how many oaths a day do they have? My interview its at 1:30pm.

2. I requested my name to be shorten, meaning to drop my mothers name from my name. Would this cause me to schedule me to an oath with a judge at a later day?

Any recent experience or knowledge sharing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DC residents cannot take the same day oath at the Fairfax office. That privilege is only for Northern Virginia residents. I passed my interview in Farifax on June 29th 2011, and on July 29th, I got an email saying that I had been put in the oath scheduling queue. But I haven't yet received an actual oath date. I really hope I make it for the September date in DC (I understand the DC high court has a naturalization ceremony on the 2nd Tuesday of every month).

Just got this email:
"Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

On August 15, 2011, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool" etc etc

I assume the interview will be in mid Sept. Eagerly anticipating the letter in my mailbox...