N 400 inordinately delayed since 2016

Cedar234

I filed my N400 application OCT 2016, went for finger printing in Feburary 2017 & was interviewed on June 2017. Passed the interview and the lady gave me a paper that said decision can not be made now.

I have been to Philadelphia field office repeatedly to follow up on my case, I'm not getting any accurate feedback other than it's still under review.

In January 2017, bank of America Closed my account over a $12K wire transactions they calmed was a fraud. The Bank also stated that I was using my personal account to perform wire transactions.
So the Bank close my account and reported me to Chexsystems.
Please note the bank did not charge me.

In September 2017, I went to USCIS office to inquire about my case status, the supervisor told me it appears am understand investigate for fraud. She said did I have any bank issues.

Question, Can USCIS denial me citizenship on the basis that the bank Closed my account. Please note the bank did not charge me?

Was the $12k transfer fraud?
What was the outcome of it?
Did you get arrested because of that situation?
Need more details

Was the $12k transfer fraud?
What was the outcome of it?
Did you get arrested because of that situation?
Need more details

Thank you.

A friend wired the $12k into my account, little did I know it's was a fraudulent cash. The bank then decided to close my account on January 2017. The second reason the bank stated is that I was using in my personal account for wire transactions.

I was never charged, neither was I arrested.

USCIS is now delaying my Application for an unknown reason since 2016. Please can you tell me what could be the possible outcome.

Thank you.

A friend wired the $12k into my account, little did I know it's was a fraudulent cash. The bank then decided to close my account on January 2017. The second reason the bank stated is that I was using in my personal account for wire transactions.

I was never charged, neither was I arrested.

So you thought a friend was wiring $12k into your account...because why, exactly? This is not exactly normal between friends.

Uscis told you back in 2017, over a year ago, you were being investigated for fraud. Why didn’t you follow it up back then to find out what was going on? Seems to me that you need to do that to figure out what to do next.

So you thought a friend was wiring $12k into your account...because why, exactly? This is not exactly normal between friends.

Uscis told you back in 2017, over a year ago, you were being investigated for fraud. Why didn’t you follow it up back then to find out what was going on? Seems to me that you need to do that to figure out what to do next.

I have been to their office for more than 15 time and nothing good is coming out of it.

The friend wanted me to buy a car n he is in overseas. I don't know nothing about the source of the money

I have been to their office for more than 15 time and nothing good is coming out of it.

The friend wanted me to buy a car n he is in overseas. I don't know nothing about the source of the money

Whose office were you in? It’s not clear if you mean uscis, the bank, or what? Did you ever follow up with the bank itself?

That was a bit naive of you at best, did you not know that for any transfer over $10k you need to be able to show what the source of funds is? This is part of the anti-money laundering legislation. Same reason your customs form tells you you have to declare any amount over $10k in cash when you enter the US. (I’m not even going to ask why the friend needed a car so urgently in the US if he is overseas.) If you couldn’t show source of funds then they are certainly entitled to close your bank account down. The problem is not the size of the transfer but this. And if you still haven’t cleared up the issue around the source of funds, well I don’t know exactly the law on how this impacts n400 but it’s not surprising your citizenship application is delayed if there is an unresolved issue around potential money laundering.

Last edited:
I have been at the USCIS office more than 15 times.
I have been at the bank but they told you sorry we have decided to close the business with you. The bank closed my account and took the money back.
I'm new here and I don't know one could be penalized for such.

Please can you advise on how I could go about this.

I personally don’t know. At this stage you should probably be looking at getting a lawyer to help you. It’s not going to resolve by itself.

I personally don’t know. At this stage you should probably be looking at getting a lawyer to help you. It’s not going to resolve by itself.

Ok but being that I was not charged by the bank is there a possibility that USCIS could deny me Citizenship?

Ok but being that I was not charged by the bank is there a possibility that USCIS could deny me Citizenship?
The bank doesn’t have to charge you. (Actually I don’t think technically the bank can charge you, only the police can, but that’s besides the point.) If you are under suspicion of money laundering, certainly that’s reason enough to at least delay the citizenship. At the very least given the circumstances as you described them, uscis can not be sure that you truthfully answered question 22 on part 12 of the n400 form. “Have you EVER committed, assisted in committing, or attempted to commit, a crime or offense for which you were NOT arrested?” Of course, you haven’t been denied yet, and I’m tending to think that if what they had was reason enough by itself for denial it would have happened by now. So I’m guessing that until this is sorted out one way or the other, the current situation is going to persist indefinitely. You’ve sat around waiting for long enough, time to be proactive and sort this out. Of course this assumes that you actually are totally innocent.

Your story doesn't add up
Scenario 1 If your friend committed wire fraud he/she would be in jail. Because you would've told them that you're innocent, and had to give the friend up

Scenario 2 lemme guess you told them you have no idea who wired the $$!! Bank closed your account anyway.

$12 k is alot of money. That's not getting swept. Under the rug. I bet it's. It ur friends first time either so their is probably a long on goiny investigation to catch that said friend!!
With that sum until someone is in bracelets "arrested" your name will always come up in an open Investigation. That's how it works in America.

Not proud of it... But I've had too many run ins with the law so I can guarantee you that's what's happening to you.

Now to your options.
Option 1 Forget ever becoming a citizen.
You cannot be of good moral character if your name comes up in an investigation you can't naturalized until case is over and you have paperwork "disposition.

Option 2 Go clear the story up with the authorities.

GL Buddy. Visiting US Is 100 more times won't help your situation. GL

Your story doesn't add up
Scenario 1 If your friend committed wire fraud he/she would be in jail. Because you would've told them that you're innocent, and had to give the friend up

Scenario 2 lemme guess you told them you have no idea who wired the $$!! Bank closed your account anyway.

$12 k is alot of money. That's not getting swept. Under the rug. I bet it's. It ur friends first time either so their is probably a long on goiny investigation to catch that said friend!!
With that sum until someone is in bracelets "arrested" your name will always come up in an open Investigation. That's how it works in America.

Not proud of it... But I've had too many run ins with the law so I can guarantee you that's what's happening to you.

Now to your options.
Option 1 Forget ever becoming a citizen.
You cannot be of good moral character if your name comes up in an investigation you can't naturalized until case is over and you have paperwork "disposition.

Option 2 Go clear the story up with the authorities.

GL Buddy. Visiting US Is 100 more times won't help your situation. GL

I appreciate your honesty and your reply. People fall victim of what they know thing about.

Like I said earlier a friend overseas said he wants to buy a car so he decided to wire a $12k. Little did I know that the money he wired was fraudulent. So the bank decided to close my account and collected the money back. all this happened within a month ( dec 2016 to Jan 2017.

So the back reported me to Chexsystems.

I have called the bank countless time to find out the outcome of the investigation. They said it appears I give out my details and someone wired fraudulent in the amount of $12k

I have obtained FOIA report from FBI I did not see any thing on it. The bank did not charge me neither was I arrested.

What do you mean I should go and clear myself from the authorities?

What can I do at this point?

I appreciate your honesty and your reply. People fall victim of what they know thing about.

Like I said earlier a friend overseas said he wants to buy a car so he decided to wire a $12k. Little did I know that the money he wired was fraudulent. So the bank decided to close my account and collected the money back. all this happened within a month ( dec 2016 to Jan 2017.

So the back reported me to Chexsystems.

I have called the bank countless time to find out the outcome of the investigation. They said it appears I give out my details and someone wired fraudulent in the amount of $12k

I have obtained FOIA report from FBI I did not see any thing on it. The bank did not charge me neither was I arrested.

What do you mean I should go and clear myself from the authorities?

What can I do at this point?
Hire a lawyer he's gonna maybe have to file something in the courts on your behalf!!

I have done that just that the attorney is a bit lazy. Paid her $5000 for a pre investigation and she couldn't get any feedback from USCIS. She filed a mandamus June this year but no response from USCIS.

Now she doesn't want yo handle the case anymore.