N-400 Fillings after July 31st

It's really odd that your application doesn't appear on the USCIS website. Until yesterday, I didn't even realize that there was a receipt number printed on the back of the check. The digital image of the cashed check provided by my bank is not exactly the highest resolution, so I didn't even notice the printout. When I entered the number into the system, I got the "On September 18, 2007, we received...." response. My application actually arrived at VSC on 9/4. Does the fact that my ESC number appears on the site mean that a receipt was issued?

That is a good news. You are close to get into the process in my point of view. Yours is there because you applied almost 1.5 month before I did and I hope you will get all your stuff before I do. I am already depressssss....ed

Question.
I sent my application to CSC.
I will recieve a NOA in mail(I hope)
Then where my case will go? Field office or will stay in CSC forever?

Any ideas?

TX

Below is my info. Lately I'm obsess with the mailbox since on the ins web site they said they are done with 10/15/07 receipt. When is this waiting game come to end?

I hope ins understand people more, someone dying waiting for me and I thought life suppose to be simple, but dealing with ins nothing is simple.

I'm thinking on applying RTD just incase...another $305...

N-400 mailed - 10/09/2007
Mail received - 10/12/2007
Check Cashed - 11/05/2007
NOA Received - XX/XX/XX
FP Notice - XX/XX/XX
FP Date/Done - XX/XX/XX
Interview Notice - XX/XX/XX
Interview Date - XX/XX/XX
Oath Notice - XX/XX/XX
Oath Date - XX/XX/XX

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the timeline for me and my wife
VSC - Newark DO

Apps Sent : 8/20/07 USPS Priority
Apps Received : 8/21/07
Both Checks Cashed : 11/13/07

Online status for me is "On September 17, 2007, we received...."
and for my wife it is "On September 18, 2007, we received...."

I hope the Fingerprint and interview dates wont be on different dates

What does make sense here? Being at work and thinking about your mailbox? Or thinking about what is next? Come home, instead of relaxing go over not only this website but 5 other website to see if you can figure something out around this mess.

I followed different reciept's dates on USCIS website and it say We received you thing on Nov. 2nd, 2007....
I think this is good.

I think people who are sitting and not paying attention to what is going on to their case are the winners.

I think people who are sitting and not paying attention to what is going on to their case are the winners.

Absolutely. I would say that if one has a very clear cut case with no complications, there is no need to be too anxious about it. Just bide your time, things will happen when they need to.

That is a good news. You are close to get into the process in my point of view. Yours is there because you applied almost 1.5 month before I did and I hope you will get all your stuff before I do. I am already depressssss....ed

Believe me, I understand completely. I was tearing my hair out on a daily basis (figuratively, of course!) until my check was cashed. The fact that your check was cashed is an indicator of progress in itself, so you'll start seeing results soon.

Here is the timeline for me and my wife
VSC - Newark DO

Apps Sent : 8/20/07 USPS Priority
Apps Received : 8/21/07
Both Checks Cashed : 11/13/07

Online status for me is "On September 17, 2007, we received...."
and for my wife it is "On September 18, 2007, we received...."

I hope the Fingerprint and interview dates wont be on different dates

As you can see, I mailed mine almost 2 weeks after yours, but my online status shows up as "On September 18, 2007...". My guess is that the date that appears on the website is NOT the priority date.

Believe me, I understand completely. I was tearing my hair out on a daily basis (figuratively, of course!) until my check was cashed. The fact that your check was cashed is an indicator of progress in itself, so you'll start seeing results soon.

I do believe you and I tell you I don't feel bad as much as it shows. We are going to get into the process anyway but the time matters(probably not).

I do believe you and I tell you I don't feel bad as much as it shows. We are going to get into the process anyway but the time matters(probably not).

Oh, the time most certainly matters. I realize that I may sound like a hypocrite (being that I could have filed my N-400 13 years ago), but now that I've finally filed it, I want it processed ASAP. I guess it's just human nature!

Oh, the time most certainly matters. I realize that I may sound like a hypocrite (being that I could have filed my N-400 13 years ago), but now that I've finally filed it, I want it processed ASAP. I guess it's just human nature!

Human nature indeed :)

I am actually hoping for an IL towards the end of December to first half of Jan 2008.

I am actually hoping for an IL towards the end of December to first half of Jan 2008.

Wouldn't THAT be nice! If you end up getting an IL by the end of December, I'd strongly suggest in playing the lottery. How about your priority date or receipt number? :D

The discrepancy in processing times is mind blowing. Some applicants who applied just one week after you have yet to see their checks cashed, whereas others who have applied months before have yet to receive their interview letter. :mad:

Wouldn't THAT be nice! If you end up getting an IL by the end of December, I'd strongly suggest in playing the lottery. How about your priority date or receipt number? :D

If I do, I'll ask you for some numbers and if I win, I give you a share :D

The discrepancy in processing times is mind blowing. Some applicants who applied just one week after you have yet to see their checks chased, whereas others who have applied months before have yet to receive their interview letter. :mad:

Agreed. :confused:

Edit:
When folks apply to remove the conditions on their GC, do they go through the whole FP + name check thing or just a FP check?