N-400 Fillings after July 31st

Hear hear, Vorpal!

If the government (this one or a future one) eventually settles on a way to deal with illegal immigrants who have been here for many years, maybe sort out a way for them to apply for some kind of visa or documentation, can you imagine the chaos that would ensue in the Service Centers?

What went on in July/August would seem like a walk in the park. 12 million is probably a very conservative estimate of the number of illegal immigrants in the USA. It could well be double that figure.

Of course they'd find $$$$ to deal with that situation, but they probably won't find $$$$ to assist us - who have played by the rules, and paid through the nose to get to this stage. :-(

I have to agree, 12 million probably IS a very conservative estimate. I have a friend who recently relocated to a small border town in Texas with his fiancee, and he tells me that they see illegals crossing the border every night. Obviously, the government is turning the blind eye to this situation. As far as finding money to help us, they don't need to go very far. We've already shelled out several hundred dollars EACH to pay for naturalization. While I agree that illegal immigration is a problem that must be addressed, and addressed EFFICIENTLY, the government should forget about people like us, who have waited patiently for their turn and went through a painstaking process to come here legally. I love this country (henceforth, I want to be a US citizen), but why make us deal with even more bureaucratic inefficiency, perhaps the worst of it's kind (not even the DMV is as bad as USCIS)? Haven't we already paid enough dues?

How come there is no good news lately. Can someone tell me if they got they receipt lately, a little hope will help

I was waiting for my GC for 5 years and now..do I need to wait for another 5 years to get my citizenship?

Oh, there's been plenty of good news today! NYS Senator Chuck Schumer joined Hillary Clinton in putting pressure on the USCIS to get rid of the backlog and process N-400s within a more reasonable timeframe that "16-18 months", and a new legislature is coming out that will enforce a time limit on name checks.

OK.
People in California or whoever has the WSC* in front of their name.
In front of your check there is a number add WSC*00 before it and punch it in.
MIne says:
On November 5, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION.....

which make more sense.

Could you guys try and give back the result.

Thank you

Edit**: Front of your check, on top

OK.
People in California or whoever has the WSC* in front of their name.
In front of your check there is a number add WSC*00 before it and punch it in.
MIne says:
On November 5, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION.....

which make more sense.

Could you guys try and give back the result.

Thank you

Edit**: Front of your check, on top

So the number written on the front of the check is the receipt number? Or is it the number printed on the back? Anyone who has received their receipts recently, can you shed any light on this?

So the number written on the front of the check is the receipt number? Or is it the number printed on the back? Anyone who has received their receipts recently, can you shed any light on this?

did you try yours and see if it works?

The number on the back of the check works fine. The number on the front of the check doesn't work. When my check was cashed 2 weeks ago, the last number I was able to enter into the system was approximately 15,000 before the number written on the front of my check. The last number that comes up in the system as of today is about 4,800 before the number from the front of my check. The date displayed by the site is November 6. This really makes me wonder which of the two numbers is the receipt number.

I don't see any WSC in the front of my check. Also the number start with 207XXXX or 512XXXXXX I don't know which one but neither one is working.

Is the number from the front and the back slightly different?
What yours look like?

2077*** is mine.
I made it as WSC*002077*** and it show me the Nov. 5th. TO me this is more logical than anything else.
Action 123 yourse should be lower than mine try on the website and see it works? and post the result please.

Thank you

Nope mine doesn't work. Mine is 2075*** I don't know what is that. But I tried all combination with 2075 nothing is working

2077*** is mine.
I made it as WSC*002077*** and it show me the Nov. 5th. TO me this is more logical than anything else.
Action 123 yourse should be lower than mine try on the website and see it works? and post the result please.

Thank you

I got mine just now. WSC people, try your number in front of your check and add WSC*00 in front of the number. you should see somthing.

More info, see my signature.

I was talking about my personal check. I donno if others have the right one but on my check, the LIN # is not the same and not even close..