N-400 Fillings after July 31st

It is hard not to pay attention. Specially when you are waiting on the process to finish so you can go on with other things.
For me, my wife is an F1 student. She finishes in May. Also, we are having new baby.
At some point, she must go home during 2009. If I do not get my citizenship in time and apply for her to get GC, this might cause problems for us and the babies.
It is really hard not to think about it.
It is a complciated situation considering where we come from (my wife and I). So, while it may not seem very complicated, in reality it is.
So, it is really hard not to pay attention and checking your mailbox every day...
Thank god I work from home so I do not have to wait till I get home from work to check.

It is hard not to pay attention. Specially when you are waiting on the process to finish so you can go on with other things.
For me, my wife is an F1 student. She finishes in May. Also, we are having new baby.
At some point, she must go home during 2009. If I do not get my citizenship in time and apply for her to get GC, this might cause problems for us and the babies.
It is really hard not to think about it.
It is a complciated situation considering where we come from (my wife and I). So, while it may not seem very complicated, in reality it is.
So, it is really hard not to pay attention and checking your mailbox every day...
Thank god I work from home so I do not have to wait till I get home from work to check.

I feel you. I have been in this situation (similar) and it is a non-stop emotion.
I check my PO BOX close to my work at 11 am everyday, so I can give my wife some hope for the future.
I don't know if these people have any kind of feeling for anyone. I am sure they don't care, since we have so much war around the globe.

I feel you. I have been in this situation (similar) and it is a non-stop emotion.
I check my PO BOX close to my work at 11 am everyday, so I can give my wife some hope for the future.
I don't know if these people have any kind of feeling for anyone. I am sure they don't care, since we have so much war around the globe.

It's human nature to ignore something that doesn't affect them directly. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to be separated from my wife and/or family for many months not knowing when we could finally get on with our life to appreciate the many freedoms people take for granted everyday in the US and other fully developed countries.

It's human nature to ignore something that doesn't affect them directly. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to be separated from my wife and/or family for many months not knowing when we could finally get on with our life to appreciate the many freedoms people take for granted everyday in the US and other fully developed countries.

Well put. It's difficult to relate to another person's plight, unless one has experienced it themselves. In the case of USCIS, we're nothing but numbers to its staff. They can't possibly feel any emotion toward us.

As you can see, I mailed mine almost 2 weeks after yours, but my online status shows up as "On September 18, 2007...". My guess is that the date that appears on the website is NOT the priority date.

Same here (discrepancy with the website and pd dates):

PD date on the receipt notice: 8/14
but the website says
"On October 25th we received..."

does anyone know what is the approximate wait for the FP?
My receipt notice was mailed out on 11/19.

Same here (discrepancy with the website and pd dates):

PD date on the receipt notice: 8/14
but the website says
"On October 25th we received..."

does anyone know what is the approximate wait for the FP?
My receipt notice was mailed out on 11/19.

Did you send your N-400 to VSC? I'm wondering if the date discrepancies vary by service center.

CSC.

Vorpal and others, any idea how long does it take to get FP notice?

Thanks.

T.

I've yet to get my FP notice (and the receipt, for that matter), but from what I've seen posted on this board, you should get the FP notice within a few days of getting your receipt.

SO tonki12 is one of the people I check online status on to find my application. --- PD was 8-14 and online says 10-25. My PD is 10-17 so online should show up around Dec. 27.
I should probably check with tonki12 about the processing to find out more about mine.
This is quite crazy.

tonki12 do you mind to add your processing time to your signature, that would be helpful.

Thank you

I am sorry that is not true, there are no way to figure this out. At least doesn't work in my case, other I had my reciept bu now..

I am sorry that is not true, there are no way to figure this out. At least doesn't work in my case, other I had my reciept bu now..

Look at the bright side. As of last week, CSC was up to 10/15, moving more than a month's worth of receipts within a week. Since your application was received on 10/18, I have a feeling your receipt will be sent out sometime this week. You'll be getting it any day now!

not in my case. I mailed it on 10/9 they received on the 12, still no receipt.
The way that I know every time immigration saying that already mailed your receipt still take a week or two to get it.

Nimche, Nothing as of yet, the receipt number doesn't works on USCIS web site. Do you which number on the back of the check is the receipt number....

Nimche, Nothing as of yet, the receipt number doesn't works on USCIS web site. Do you which number on the back of the check is the receipt number....

Like for California Service Center the number in the back of the check starts like this:

WSC*002------