N-400 filing problem

bulbul-dude

Registered Users (C)
Hi all
I am in the process of completing my N-400 application.
The problem I am facing is at one point they ask me to complete the address(es) I have lived for the past 5 years.

The problem is out of those 5 years I was at Oxford, England for 2 semesters (9-10 months) to attend Graduate School. During those times all of my addresses were in my resident state of Maryland. I did managed to come back thrice, so I don't have that continuous residence problem.

Now, I need your help as to "Should I fill my Maryland address for that timeframe or the Oxford, England address?" I wonder if I fill my Oxford address my application won't get stuck with the FBI.:eek:

I need your help guys.. Please clarify this confusion...:confused:

Thanks a lot:)

Foreign address has no big impact. If you were
at Oxford, they already know you were there. If you
lived at Oxford on a long term basis, mention it.

don't u think Rahul that putting my foreign address will take more time for background clearance

OR put it this way if I put my MD address, am I lying to USCIS on my N-400?

thanks for your insight...

First off, I dont think putting a foreign address is going
to delay your address. Many people visit their
home countries for a few months, and mention the
addresses. Also if you lived abroad for 9 months, and dont mention it you could be in trouble with the CIS.

I honestly dont think you are at a disadvantage by mentioning a temporary foreign address. As long
as you satisfied Cont Residency and Physical Presence
you are fine

Just my 2 cents....

Originally posted by Rahul Kumar
I honestly dont think you are at a disadvantage by mentioning a temporary foreign address.

I agree. Any deviation from complete honesty can go against you. It is like rights of the witness. "Anything you say or speak can be used against you."

So mention it and have guilty free life. At the most mentioning it may delay your applcation by a few months but at the rate the N-400 processing is going on, a few months delay is nothing compared to waiting of one year or more. :D

Think about this. If you mention it, you will be delayed by a few months and if yuo do not, you may NOT get the citizenship for telling lies or for not being honest. Which one do you prefer?

Your call.