N-400 check not cashed after a week

khushibose

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My husband sent his N-400 application (Nebraska service center). The packet was received on the 4th of Spetember. However, the cheque has not been cashed yet. We had sent cashier's cheque. Am I unnecessarily being frantic or it usually takes this long? What can I do? Is there some number I can call and inquire?

Thanks,
Khushi.

I wouldn't worry about it. I mailed my application to TSC back in June, & it took over 2 weeks for them to cash my check.

I mailed mine back on July 28 and the check still hasn't been cashed. There's a tremendous backlog of cases due to the price increase deadline. I would wait at least 60 days before trying to call them if your check has not been cashed yet.

Send mine Aug 16th. Check not cashed yet. I read that on Sep 7, they are processing from July 25th. Hopefully that is the reason.

Hi,

My husband sent his N-400 application (Nebraska service center). The packet was received on the 4th of Spetember. However, the cheque has not been cashed yet. We had sent cashier's cheque. Am I unnecessarily being frantic or it usually takes this long? What can I do? Is there some number I can call and inquire?

Thanks,
Khushi.

My checks were encashed exactly after 4 weeks. Processing time is going up rapidly. VSC looks almost frozen since last two weeks. You should check back in 6-8 weeks or maybe even more.

could someone tell me where on the uscis website i could find the processing timeline updates? i thought it was under "press room" but there has not been any updates in september yet. thank you!