N-400 application returned - TSC

atltodallas

Registered Users (C)
need your help/info. My wife's N-400 application and money orders returned from TSC. She had sent her application on August 1st. that time we were not aware of the new fee. we realized the mistake and after 10 days we called TSC and explained that to CS. they said application will be returned. we forgot to ask the next procedure. she had sent her application with 2 money orders. 330+70. right now my wife is in India. she will be back in feb 2nd week. we don't want to wait till feb to sign the new application. now can we send the same application and money orders with check for extra amount $275 ? any one here had the similar experience ? I am not able to reach customer support.

No experience in what you are asking. But, I would think that you CAN attach a check for the right amount (or simply add a check/money-order to make up the difference) and re-send the original package to TSC (since it carries her original signature).

Good luck.

why do you guys make everything complicated? no wonder USCIS acts like this and slow. Just send the ONE check for the total amount.
e.i. you are selling something, do you like to receive three check with your busy schedule?
I am sure you don't.

I am just wonder how the TSC works. My application was received by TSC on Dec,04 and "the money order has not been cashed" i just checked the status. in the other hand, i see another person in this board sent his application to TSC on dec 06 and his check got cashed

need your help/info. My wife's N-400 application and money orders returned from TSC. She had sent her application on August 1st. that time we were not aware of the new fee. we realized the mistake and after 10 days we called TSC and explained that to CS. they said application will be returned. we forgot to ask the next procedure. she had sent her application with 2 money orders. 330+70. right now my wife is in India. she will be back in feb 2nd week. we don't want to wait till feb to sign the new application. now can we send the same application and money orders with check for extra amount $275 ? any one here had the similar experience ? I am not able to reach customer support.

I think you should be able to resend the same application as long as TSC doesn't write any remarks or print any stamps on that application. Also it is better to send a single check or Money Order for the entire amount.

As long as the signed date meets the criteria for citizenship eligibility,you should be able to send the same application with new fee attached.

Thank you. My wife sent 2 Money Orders because she thought personal checks were not accepted and also she thought we need a seperate check($70) for finger print . I guess she got wrong information from a friend. she was in hurry. I didn't show much intrest that time. my company lawer took care of my H1,GC. first time dealing with confusing USCIS rules . she mailed N-400 on Aug 1st. if she would have mailed it just 2 days before, everything would have been perfect.