N-400 and Selective service

zgadiwan

Registered Users (C)
I have a question regarding the n-400 application process and selective service.
I have been in the US since I was 22 yrs old and now I am 30 and filing for my n-400 to get naturalized.
My question is, do I need to register for selective service before I apply the n-400?

Thanks in advance.
-zg

You can not register if you are over 26 and if you apply for citizenship before you are 31 most probably your application will be denied.
If you never recieved any letters from the Selective Service asking you to register you are OK, you can call the Selective Service and ask them for a status leter that they will send to you by mail, this letter should be attached with your N-400, Just wait until you are 31 then apply.

selective service

Hello ,

im applying for cz next month .im 32 yr old n hv been in us since the age of 24.in called selective service n asked for a selective service letter .they hv mailed me a form which i need to fill in n return it to them .i need to know what are the supporting doccuments which i need to send along with the form to selective services.and they r even asking for a staetement why i didnt register .the reason was i didnt know about it till yet.

pl;z i need some advise

am i following the right procedure.after mailing this form back to SS am i going to get the status information letter .

the reason for not registering is it genuine ?.

can any one plz answer the ques
thanks in advance

kas