N-336

rrose

Hi, could any one please tell me that how long it takes for USCIS to answer back after N-336 Interview. My N-400 was denied for baseless reasons and I filed N-336 with proofs that they were wrong. Went to an interview again with a different officer, he basically asked me the same questions and explanations that I originally sent with my appeal. Infact, that was the first time he was reading my appeal. Does any one know if it is just wastage of time to file for N-336 or it shows some result. Also does anyone know that if there is any law that they are suppose to decide N-336 in a particular time frame or usually after how many days they answer an appeal after the interview??? Thanks, great site, please keep up the good work.

If you don't mind...I think it would help folks greatly if you could specify what caused the IO to not recommend your case for approval and deny it instead?

The only thing I could find was in the Guide to Naturalization:

What can I do if USCIS denies my application?

If you feel that USCIS was wrong to deny you citizenship, you may request a hearing with a USCIS officer. Your denial letter will explain how to request a hearing and will include the form you need. The form for filing an appeal is the “Request for Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings under Section 336 of the INA” (Form N-336). You must file the form with USCIS, including the correct fee, within 30 days after you receive a denial letter.

If, after an appeal hearing with USCIS, you still believe USCIS was wrong to deny you citizenship, you may file a petition for a new review of your application in U.S. District Court.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: