MyTurn-485 Approved-WAC02072XXXXX

sheelum

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

Priorirty Date : Feb 16, 2001
Labor app lost in Fed. reconstructed. (Details below this info.)
I - 485
NtcDt: Dec 10, 2001
RctDt: Dec 27, 2001
Changed jobs in July 2002
AOS portability filed: Aug 26, 2002
2nd Finger prints submitted : Oct 10, 2003
Rfe rcd: Oct 24, 2003 ( pay stubbs, w4s, Emp ltr)
reply to rfe filed: Nov 7, 2003
Approval mailed from Laguna Niguel : Dec 11,2003.
( There is no date on the notice of action)
I recieved the courtesy copy at my mailing address. I have not heard from the attorney's office yet. The online message still says, they have recd my reply to Rfe on Nov 12, 2003.

I retained same attorney to represent me through out the process for AOS and Portability.
I took opinons from two other Law offices while changing jobs.

I filed my own EADs/APs.

I used my friend's permanent residence as mailing address.
(Filed AR11s few times during 485 process.)

Labor App Lost in Sacramento.

In Feb 2001, people were getting labor approved in 3 weeks.
I filed labor in Feb 2001 and a month after, I started bothering the Attorney for action as no information came, neither approvalnor denial.
My reasearch showed that labor applications do get lost between state and federal offices. A bunch of 35 apps from Oracle were lost in June to July 1999.
After bitter fights with the attorney, I got a meeting scheduled with the liason offifcer, and they agreed that the app., was lost and agreed to reconstruct it. It was approved in a week after that.
But precious time was lost and guys who filed their labor a month after mine, March 2001, got their GCs last Dec.

3 months of delay had very bad cacading affects. 140 got more delayed. and you know the way 485s stalled. 911 Effects came to play..

If I did not make make life uncomfortable for the attorney, and pushed her to have an interview with the liason officer, I would still be counting sheep.

Moral of the story: Nobody else bothers about your case as much as you do. And should you know there is trouble upstairs, if the house is suddenly silent.

Well,
Dher hai, Andhere nahi ! (Gulti Hindi...)
Delyed but not denied ! (Plain English...)

Frankly, I used to think I was always on top of things before the Labor issue and the cascading delays. This experience made me humble and I think, a better person.

May God bless all those who helped me here with the information and advice. God bless all those whoose approvals are still coming.

Regards,
Gopal

Last edited:
It's nice to hear 02072 series got approved. I'm waiting for my RFE to come but haven't heard anything about 2nd FP notice yet. Hopfully, I can get it soon.

Congratulations .. I'm Wac 02 073... hoping some miracle happens to my case ....
ballay ballay :D

"This experience made me humble and I think, a better person." - very good point! Congratulations on you approval! And another fact that online status can lag behind.

Thanks...

cal_aos_waiting, ensure , Rox, Pa_ji, ND022202, amdavadi,
JAurora, 485Victim, PrasadS, krishnakt,

Thank you, for the good wishes.

kashmir, PCee, Sillyman,

Thanks for the great help you guys provide here.

Regards,
Gopal

Congratulations!!! I am sure we will all remember what we have gone through during GC. People who got their GC very easily in a year or so from labour, will never understand our turmoil. It teaches us not to take things for granted.