My status changed from 'Awaiting interview' to 'Your Application is pending'

Merm

Hello,

We applied our political Asylum last year August, 2019. We have not been scheduled for interview yet. What is the likely date for interview?

Hello,

We applied our political Asylum last year August, 2019. We have not been scheduled for interview yet. What is the likely date for interview?
You are among many unfortunate people who applied in Aug 2019 and were not interviewed.
USCIS drastically reduced the number of interviews in September 2019 and lots of people who applied in August fell into backlog. On top of that, the COVID-19 has suspended all interviews for now and has created another backlog behind it. So, people who applied before the pandemic suspension have a higher priority over you, which means that your wait time became longer.

Which office did you apply to?

You are among many unfortunate people who applied in Aug 2019 and were not interviewed.
USCIS drastically reduced the number of interviews in September 2019 and lots of people who applied in August fell into backlog. On top of that, the COVID-19 has suspended all interviews for now and has created another backlog behind it. So, people who applied before the pandemic suspension have a higher priority over you, which means that your wait time became longer.

Which office did you apply to?
And is there a way of knowing the approximate wait time? We are in Georgia but we sent the documents to Dallas or is it Arlington?

And is there a way of knowing the approximate wait time? We are in Georgia but we sent the documents to Dallas or is it Arlington?
No way to tell. The asylum office will interview you if they find an empty spot. I doubt it will be soon (within the next year) because the virus created another backlog

No way to tell. The asylum office will interview you if they find an empty spot. I doubt it will be soon (within the next year) because the virus created another backlog
Alright. Thank you for your response. Very much appreciated.

On August 17,2018 I had my asylum interview in Montana. The officer told me that they were getting back to me within 6 months. However it’s been 20 months now I have been waiting for the decision. When I write them I never get a response.I live a long way from Chicago Asylum office which has jurisdiction over Montana asylum office. I am worrying about my decision so much that I have developed depressive symptoms,insomnia and anxiety. For this reason I had to withdraw from school.
My health is getting worse and worse.
I just need to hear about my case.
What explain this long delay?

On August 17,2018 I had my asylum interview in Montana. The officer told me that they were getting back to me within 6 months. However it’s been 20 months now I have been waiting for the decision. When I write them I never get a response.I live a long way from Chicago Asylum office which has jurisdiction over Montana asylum office. I am worrying about my decision so much that I have developed depressive symptoms,insomnia and anxiety. For this reason I had to withdraw from school.
My health is getting worse and worse.
I just need to hear about my case.
What explain this long delay?
When did you apply? Was it before 2018?
I don't know why the Chicago office takes so long to make a decision. I know two other cases waiting 1+ years after interview with no response

Hello,

I applied in 2016 and I am still waiting for an interview. I wonder if there are any other people like me.

Hi, I am new to this forum and I really enjoy reading about pending asylum cases. I filled my asylum application June 2017 in Boston but yet to receive my interview letter. Are there people like me? Please advise. Thanks