My Rentry Experience

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
I came back yesterday from JFK and since you know once they took away RTD from me and then always sent me to secondary since they flagged me.

The officer first asked me how long I was gone for so i said 3 weeks. Then he scanned my GC and then looked and said "I think you need to go to Secondary" to which replied nicely...I was like why secondary? He said because you lost your RTD so I said but I never lost it and it was taken away from me by mistake and its not my fault and everytime I renter I have to go to secondary.

He looked at few notes and seemed to agree and stamped my NP & the customs form and said "Welcome home."

Then I was brave enough to ask him that If I will be sent to secondary everytime to which he said "It depends on the officer."

So the moral of the story is, if you are confident then you can speak out. Not saying be rude, I didn't really want to be stuck in NY JFK secondary after a 11 hour plane ride so I spoke out.\

I think now I dont care and I wll do my best to speak for my rights. As we have seen that asylee GC is so vunerable so why not fight for your rights if they are going to threaten to take it away from you "anyday"???

BTW I used NP and GC.

I came back yesterday from JFK and since you know once they took away RTD from me and then always sent me to secondary since they flagged me.

The officer first asked me how long I was gone for so i said 3 weeks. Then he scanned my GC and then looked and said "I think you need to go to Secondary" to which replied nicely...I was like why secondary? He said because you lost your RTD so I said but I never lost it and it was taken away from me by mistake and its not my fault and everytime I renter I have to go to secondary.

He looked at few notes and seemed to agree and stamped my NP & the customs form and said "Welcome home."

Then I was brave enough to ask him that If I will be sent to secondary everytime to which he said "It depends on the officer."

So the moral of the story is, if you are confident then you can speak out. Not saying be rude, I didn't really want to be stuck in NY JFK secondary after a 11 hour plane ride so I spoke out.\

I think now I dont care and I wll do my best to speak for my rights. As we have seen that asylee GC is so vunerable so why not fight for your rights if they are going to threaten to take it away from you "anyday"???

BTW I used NP and GC.

Hi wantmygcnow,

I'm glad you were able to bypass secondary this time around. Didn't you usually use a RP? And if I remember correctly (and it's entirely possible that I'm wrong) wasn't your NP expired? (Or if I'm right, did you renew it?) Thanks.

Hi wantmygcnow,

I'm glad you were able to bypass secondary this time around. Didn't you usually use a RP? And if I remember correctly (and it's entirely possible that I'm wrong) wasn't your NP expired? (Or if I'm right, did you renew it?) Thanks.

My visa was on the RP and I used to travel around Europe but when I entered, I used my NP because the officers frown on RP.

When they took away my RTD in 2006, i had an emergency so I had to renew my passport but then Germans didn't want to issue a visa on NP because they were like you went on RTD you can't have NP...Then i applied for RP and got a visa on that.

so from now on I use RP for visas and NP to enter. Have to please both sides ;)

I have all evidence including from my senators where they asked me to renew my NP.

Last edited by a moderator:
My visa was on the RP and I used to travel around Europe but when I entered, I used my NP because the officers frown on RP.

When they took away my RTD in 2006, i had an emergency so I had to renew my passport but then Germans didn't want to issue a visa on NP because they were like you went on RTD you can't have NP...Then i applied for RP and got a visa on that.

so from now on I use RP for visas and NP to enter. Have to please both sides ;)

I have all evidence including from my senators where they asked me to renew my NP.

Ok that makes sense. Did you have problems renewing your NP from the Consulate of your COP? Did they make you sign anything? Sorry if I"m asking stuff you've already disclosed...

I think so he would mind...especially in front of the whole world.... :rolleyes:

Lazer thinks like me...thats why he is the great.

I am telling you when we all become citizens, it would be nice for all us to gather somewhere and meet to kindle the "asylum forum love".