My permit expired on B visa, can I get a new visa?

Hi. My tourist visa was 10 years long between 2010 and 2020. In 2015, I exceeded my stay permit in USA for 5 months. It was legally 6 months but I stayed in USA for 11 months so my visa is cancelled. Now I want to have a new visa to visit USA as a tourist. My question is that can I get a new visa under these circumstances?


Super Moderator
Most likely not. The possibility of your getting any other NIV is next to none. You are considered legally inadmissible.
It would probably be dependent on the details of your overstay and if you have a criminal record. You were very close to getting a 3 year ban. If Dept. of State issues you a new visa, CBP will probably grant you admission, although that is not guaranteed.