My PD gets current in June and Interview was done. Suggestion please?

dcmetro22042

Registered Users (C)
Gurus:

I had successfully completed my interview in the local office in Feb, 2007. The officer had told me that my case is 'approvable' but he cannot stamp the passport until PD gets current. Starting June, my PD does get current. Can I go on June 1st to get the stamping or should I wait until June 2nd or something?

Your reply shall be appreciated.

Gurus:

I had successfully completed my interview in the local office in Feb, 2007. The officer had told me that my case is 'approvable' but he cannot stamp the passport until PD gets current. Starting June, my PD does get current. Can I go on June 1st to get the stamping or should I wait until June 2nd or something?

Your reply shall be appreciated.

take the infopass for 2nd june and go to local office update them your PD is current now, if no update at window ask for supervisor, take your DL, passport , I-485 filing reciept or copy of Interview date.

Thanks. I have a letter from USCIS as well that the interviewing officer gave me telling me that we successfully completed our interviews and are waiting for the PD to be current. I shall take that as well.
I was just not sure if June 1st would be too early to be there. I shall now plan for June 4th (Monday) for the InfoPass date. What i find surprising is that I do not see many people posting that they would be doing the same. I know there are many out there who were in a similar situation (interview done and waiting for PD to be current).

Thanks. I have a letter from USCIS as well that the interviewing officer gave me telling me that we successfully completed our interviews and are waiting for the PD to be current. I shall take that as well.
------------------correct , take that letter (keep the copy of that letter with you for your records)
I was just not sure if June 1st would be too early to be there. I shall now plan for June 4th (Monday) for the InfoPass date.
-----that is ok
What i find surprising is that I do not see many people posting that they would be doing the same.
-----do you think that they only visit this site? they may not post and take the infopass and visit local office. is it mandatory to post here ??

I know there are many out there who were in a similar situation (interview done and waiting for PD to be current).
------------

-----do you think that they only visit this site? they may not post and take the infopass and visit local office. is it mandatory to post here ??

LOL. But I see people eagerly posting here for all other immigration steps...and found it strange this one did not get mentioned many times over as well.

Interview Schedule

hi dcmetro,
our case is transferred from texas to vermont and they said they will send a letter informing the interview schedule.
Do u know how long does it take to get a letter like that for scheduling interview and how long does it take to schedule the interview. we got the mail on may 15th.
our's is PD JAN 2003
EB3

Thanks
Saan.

dcmetro22042,

I am in a same situation as yours and my case is pending in NYC federal plaza. Interview was done last April and officer asked us to wait for dates to become current. I am planning to wait for a week before taking the infopass appointment and going there. Please post your experience if you go to local office on 4th.

LOL. But I see people eagerly posting here for all other immigration steps...and found it strange this one did not get mentioned many times over as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi dcmetro,
our case is transferred from texas to vermont and they said they will send a letter informing the interview schedule.
Do u know how long does it take to get a letter like that for scheduling interview and how long does it take to schedule the interview.
---------------------------depends on local office
we got the mail on may 15th.
our's is PD JAN 2003
EB3

Thanks
Saan.
----------------------

Hi,

Btw, what was the reason you bieng called for interview.

I was just not sure if June 1st would be too early to be there. I shall now plan for June 4th (Monday) for the InfoPass date. What i find surprising is that I do not see many people posting that they would be doing the same. I know there are many out there who were in a similar situation (interview done and waiting for PD to be current).

dcmetro22042 , RLNY122004 ,
"What i find surprising is that I do not see many people posting that they would be doing the same."

Because you are luky enough to having been allowed to file I-140 & I-485 though you were behind me (my PD is 4/14/2003) you are in May 2003. I was waiting to file I-485 for two years.
Now we are in big trouble. My son just turned 21 in Feb-23 rd , and he is not eligible for I-485 filing. we already changed his visa into F1.
Think about his future.what to do?
I am unlucky
So, you must be verymuch thankful to GOD.
Jc_gc
PD-4/14/2003 INDIA, EB3
Labor -10/15/2005, I-140-2/16/2006
waiting for I-485.

Hi ginnu,
I have made all arrangements to go to India for a month and in the mean time now i have to file I-485 on June 1st. All documents are ready for me and my spouse. I dont want to go to attorney. I am going to file by myself. My question is what will happen if i file before i leave?. we are leaving June 6th and coming back on July 15th. I am in 7th year extention and going to get stamping at Madras consulate on June-11th. I have visa extention till 2010. I am worrying about FP notice which will come before i arrive to US and not able to mention about Latest visa stamping(June-11th) in I-485.
Your reply shall be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance,
Jc_gc.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What i find surprising is that I do not see many people posting that they would be doing the same."

Because you are luky enough to having been allowed to file I-140 & I-485 though you were behind me (my PD is 4/14/2003) you are in May 2003. I was waiting to file I-485 for two years.
Now we are in big trouble. My son just turned 21 in Feb-23 rd , and he is not eligible for I-485 filing. we already changed his visa into F1.
I am unlucky
Jc_gc
PD-4/14/2003 INDIA, EB3
waiting for I-485.

Hi JC:

I totally understand your situation. This was the 3rd labor filing for me (both companies that filed before-I had to leave or asked to leave).

Anyways, with your date being current, I sincerely hope (& advise) you can file your 485 ASAP. I am not too hopeful that date is going to remain for long. I am fearing it shall retrogress a little bit in few months. Atleast you shall be able to enjoy the EAD/AP benefits if you've filed 485.

And I sincerely hope the best for your son as well. Some of the freakin immigration policies don't make sense at all (like your son not being able to file or that H4 cannot work).

Best of luck.

jc,

This was my third labor (all three from same company) and my other two labor approved after I filed I140 & I485 and one of the first labor have priority date of May 15th 2002. But we didn't want to go thru the trouble again so didn't do anything with that labor.

Good luck to you.

I am unlucky
Jc_gc
PD-4/14/2003 INDIA, EB3
waiting for I-485.