My Passport Stolen(in USA) after I got H1B Stamped at Mumbai, Do I need to reapply for I94

apshah

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I came to US on F1 and got my H1B approval last Jan which has I94 in the bottom half(same as the I94 nos. when I entered first in US on F1 Visa). I went to India this Jan2002 and got H1B stamped from Mumbai. I got new I94 when I returned from India. After returning from India, my passport was stolen in USA. I had re applied for my new passport and also I824 duplicate of H1B approval.
My main concern is do I need to reapply for the I94(current-attached to the passport) which I got after returning from India, because the duplicate H1B approval will also have the old I94 number in the bottom half as it was before.

I know it is very confusing and complicated state, but I would be glad if anyone can throw some light in it, as I am concerned about it.

Thanks

Please be nice..

Hey Ah-Pek,
Please don\'t be so sarcastic. Shit happens to everybody. Perhaps you can laugh today, but tomorrow could be your turn. You pukimak apek cibai, please be nice to others...

Bloody apek-bin....please have some consideration!!

Cibai punya apek! I am waiting for the day ur cibai-bin passport gets stolen!

Don\'t worry...It can happen to anybody

I am not sure about I-94. You should consult your company\'s lawyer. It should not be a problem to get a duplicate if you a photo copy of the original one.

If you have copies of Passport it should not be a problem to get a duplicate passport. If you have an emergency the Indian consulate will give you a 1 year passport immediately. They will renew it after getting verification from India.

But it may not be possible to get a visa stamp in your passport from within US. You can probably get a visa stamp from Canada if you have a copy of earlier visa. Otherwise you can also get it stamped when you go to India.

Friendly reminder..

I am just reminding Sun Tzu to have some consideration and reflect about if he had his own important documents stolen. Why do we have to use such strong words as \'stupid\'? To have taken my sincere comments out of context by Siva is way beyond me. Furthermore, the comments made were directed at Sun Tzu and not to any other members of the group.

Need to refocus as to why this newsgroup/buletin board is so useful for all internationals who need questions answered. To bash another member of the group with such harsh words as \'stupid\' is not right.

Siva, lu puki keling.. kat mana pelusuk dunia lu keling pergi mesti bawa lu punya otak estet. Tak cukup torek susu getah, lu mau cucuk lubang orang putih.. Majulah Sukan Untuk Masyarakat Keling..

Thank you
-JimBo

I am in the same Boat, Lost H1 and Passport

did you apply for I-824 to get duplicate H1B. According to my lawer we dont need the Old I-94 because the new H1B visa has I-94 atached to it. I havent received my duplicate copy yet. My notice date is April 8th 2002. dont know why is it taking so much time just to get the duplicate copy.

I 824

Does any one know how long it takes for I 824 ? This is for a duplicate request for a lost approval notice....