My Own Company under H1B, Any Trouble for GC?

omnits

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks, I have a same question somebody asked before. But the answer from masaimara was private. Therefore I raise this question again. Please help me this out.

I registered my own company last yr while I was on H-1B. The company has zero employees and it generates $0 revenue, basically no activity.

The sponsing company has filed GC for me. But I was just wondering if that becomes a problem for GC. If I cancel my own company right now, can this fix the problem?

Please reply me.

Thanks.

I don't quite understand what you're asking but merely incorporating a company will not cause you any problems. If you have been working, that would cause problems unless you have an H-1 for that employer (whether you own it or not).

If you are asking whether your company can sponsor you for a GC, I'd have to say no. The company has no income and for any GC that requires an LC, you would have impossible (or nearly at least) time convincing DOL that there really is a job available for a US worker since you own the company.

You really need to speak to your attorney about this since the answer may vary depending on exactly what has happend, when, and what you are trying to accomplish.

No Title

I don\'t quite understand what you\'re asking but merely incorporating a company will not cause you any problems. If you have been working, that would cause problems unless you have an H-1 for that employer (whether you own it or not). If you are asking whether your company can sponsor you for a GC, I\'d have to say no. The company has no income and for any GC that requires an LC, you would have impossible (or nearly at least) time convincing DOL that there really is a job available for a US worker since you own the company. You really need to speak to your attorney about this since the answer may vary depending on exactly what has happend, when, and what you are trying to accomplish.

what if you have income

Jim,

Person is on H1B, labor is approved, GC is going on.
If this person starts the company which has income from referral money coming in to the company, but this person doesn't work as an employee for this company just manages this company without having any employees, how does it affects to his GC.

Thanks in advance.