My Notes: How to contact FBI for Name Check

lingeron

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I got couple of private messages to know how to contact FBI to find out the status of Name Check.. I am just posting my notes to all, which I took from this forum itself time to time. I do not take any guarantee of this information, as some of the information may be old and obsolete. Several people already aware of this so please ignore this posting. These sample mails are not mine. I wrote my own giving my sufferings because of delay. You should give some good compelling reasons for them to take up your case before it goes to back burner. My personal experience is they do pickup your case and clear it if your letter has some gravity. Good Luck...

-------------------------------------
To
Director,
Records Management Division
FBI Headquarters
Fax: (202) 324 3367

email: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov
----------------------------
or postal mail to :
Records/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W
Washington, D.C. 20535

Sample mail :

Sub: Name Check Status for I-485 application.

I had applied for my Adjustment of status (I-485) on xxxxx . I understand that the I-485 Adjudication process by USCIS is now pending waiting for name check results from your department. I would appreciate if you can let me know the current status of the name check. In case my name check is pending I would be grateful if you could expedite the same. Thanks for your time & your help on this regard. My case details are as follows

First Name:
Last Name:
SS#:
Alien #:
USCIS I-485 receipt #
Date of Birth:
Email Id:
Phone #:
--------------------------

William L Hooton
Assistant Director, Records Management Division
Room 11703
935 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W
Washington DC 20535-0001

Michael A. Cannon <---- This person helped me to get my Name Check cleared during July '2005
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division
935 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W
Washington DC 20535-0001

http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf
FBI NNCP (National Name Check Process) email address..
FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

Some of Useful Links
http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/hardy102303.htm
http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congres...rrity071003.htm
http://www.house.gov/science/hearin...b25/garrity.pdf
------------------
Very Useful link : http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848
Important: Read this link including all three pdfs..

Phone no: 202-324-2399 You may not get proper response. They will ask you to send an email. But its worth a try!

Send Email to : fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

----------------------
Sample mail
----------------------

Mr. David M Hardy
Records/Information Dissemination Section
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W
Washington, D.C. 20535

Another Sample text:

SUB:Name check status/expedite request

Sir/Madam,

My wife (derivative applicant) and self (primary applicant) have applied for our adjustment of status on the XX dec YYYY . I understand that a name check is being carried out as part of the process by your office. I would appreciate if you can let me know if you have completed the checks for us .In case our name check is pending i would be grateful if you could expedite the same. I would like to thank your for your understanding in this regard. Our details are as follows

Self

Name: xxxxxxxxxxx

Alien #: xxxxxxx

DOB :xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email Id :

Spouse

Name : xxxxxxxxxxxx

Alien #:xxxxxxxxxx

DOB : xxxxxxxxxxxx

Email Id : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks once again for all your help
Warm regards,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
--------------------------------------
Now how to Contact CSC Div XII for Status of I-485:
CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov

(949)389-3007 CSC Emergency Line
(949)389-3252 CSC Emergency Line

Your details:
Applicant Alien No
Date of Birth
I-485 Receipt no
I-485 Receipt date

Another method:
Call 1-800-375-5283
and follow this sequence for existing/pending applications:
1 -2 -6 -1-enter WAC# - 3 -3 -1

FBI do not receive any phone call now.....
anyother way to know the status of namecheck???????????

salaa said:
FBI do not receive any phone call now.....
anyother way to know the status of namecheck???????????

They still receive certified postal mails. I have a strong feeling that if you put up some compelling reason in your mail then they will certainly pickup your case.. Don’t just write like it is pending for more than one year or so but write any good reason, which is compelling them to turn it around like giving some humanitarian reason or you are having serious monitory loss because of this etc. I remember one guy gave reason that he couldn’t meet his parents and family for last 7 years ever since he applied his green card and he is done with this with in 3 weeks from the day he sent the letter. I know one of the families wanted to adopt a child in US and I think it is not easy to go domestic child adoption without permanent residency so they got their name check done just in a month after writing a letter.
I guess no one can help you on this but you have to think a good strong reason looking at your situation and justify yourself first and then put it up on the paper and mail them..

what happened if we don't have a strong reason, or the reason is just that we have been waiting too long. we don't want to lie about our situation. But we want to be treated fairly.

forxp said:
what happened if we don't have a strong reason, or the reason is just that we have been waiting too long. we don't want to lie about our situation. But we want to be treated fairly.

Yes most of the people fall into this category. I used to write several postal mails/email/fax periodically to FBI. Even at time I wrote as many as 4 mails in just one week. I guess this is another way to show how hard press you are without having so called “strong reason”.

My take is if you have strong reason then you will be out of this rot in 3 weeks and if you are regular in your mails to them then 3 months and if do nothing then 3 years.. Also as usual luck also play very important role.

I have seen people die very young so in God's territory itself “First In First Out” doesn’t work so we are just human. In my opinion asking fair treatments has not mush sense and it doesn’t work in govt. I suggest go grab the opportunity, look for loopholes or scope of adjustment in the process and make use of them.

Email to FBI

Thank you my friends.
Today I have send an email to FBI on the above given address for name check.
I don't know by what time I will get the reply.

Any Valid Reasons?

Thanks for the useful info. I couldn't come up with any valid reason other than our employers exploiting us and experiencing monitory loss and the pain of waiting. Not seeing one's parents for 7 years...Won't they(FBI) know about Advance parole? How would green card process stop anybody traveling outside u.s.? I read somewhere in the forum that one explained to FBI how it affects his kids studies. How does it affect our kids study?

-OneGCPlease

I called then FBI told me to send mail and I sent a std. email only to FBI in Feb.05 for name check, still I didn't get a response. its totally frustated, dont know whats to do?

good luck,
dice12

dice12 said:
I called then FBI told me to send mail and I sent a std. email only to FBI in Feb.05 for name check, still I didn't get a response. its totally frustated, dont know whats to do?

good luck,
dice12

It is indeed frustrating.. Every one may have own way to handle this situation and this is what I tried....

It took me more than 14 months to get a single line statement from FBI to USCIS that I am clean. I started with just one email in March 2005 but didn't stop there. Though never counted but I guess I must have written 15 postal letters, 3 or 4 faxes, and about 10 odd emails in the span of 5 months. I tried to change the language and mood of the letter every time so that it looks fresh but never changed the objective and generally covered my hardship like cost on renewal of EAD, AP, unsettled lifestyle, limited options of growth, inability to make long term goals, living year to year bases etc. etc on the letter. Incorporating real life issues in your communication, will add value to it. Just a few examples like” Can not make a wedding in the family because AP was not approved in time and you missed once in life time event in your family” or “you inability to take your family out for vacation this time because of additional expense of lawyer fees and renewal of EAD/AP” etc. See what suit to your personality and add spices accordingly in your letter like emotions, intellect, feedback, begging (Please, Please type), eye opening facts, interrogative or even just inquiry.

Keep in mind auto name check process will approve you in one or two days but if it is taking time that means your case in manual mode. Now this is your chance to impress that person who is sitting on your file. Human is such a complex animal that you need to try variety of weapons to handle them. I know in most part of Asia one weapon always work in such situations, which is called Bribe. In US you need to try with different weapons. I am sure people in this forum will generate several ideas but I always tried to show them my seriousness on this pursuit. Believe me or not but when I was seriously involved on this I found the reason to live in US.

Beware sending unsolicited email come under the category of Spam but sending letters are not because you’re spending your money on it.

I read in this forum that many people tried different routs like using Senator or congressperson as mediator. Several got succeeded in this and I don’t see any harm trying this route too.
In order to find your senator try this: http://www.senate.gov/
Or try this to locate your congressperson: http://www.house.gov/

OneGCPlease,
I vaguely remember the person mentioned about “Didn’t see parents for 7 years” was from some middle eastern country and he said that getting clearance with AP at his home port is like running a risk.. I know one person who took a hopping flight from India to US via Paris and he was deported back to India because immigration officer in France only recognized work permit (H1) or Green card. I guess these issues are resolved now. Several people don’t take risk and keep deferring their plan to visit home country till they get assurance and peace of mind.

How many pages?

Hi Lingeron,

What is the recommended number of pages to write to FBI? I don't want them to doze off on my letter more than they doze off now.

-OneGCPlease

OneGCPlease said:
Hi Lingeron,

What is the recommended number of pages to write to FBI? I don't want them to doze off on my letter more than they doze off now.

-OneGCPlease
I would prefer to write 3 one-page letters rather than one 3-page letter…. It may cost more but has enough ROI….
Moreover this was just my experience and not the rule of thumb.... I do not know how FBI reacts in the view of Retrogression now…. Good luck on your endeavor....

Last edited by a moderator: