My NC is moving forward after 2 years

peanutbutter

Registered Users (C)
02/2005 mail in my N400 application
04/14/2005 name check starts
04/2005 notice for my first fingerprints
08/2005 interview( I am informed by immigration officer I have passed I just have to wait for my name check to clear, it should not take more than 120 days LOL)
02/2007 Hired a immigration attorney

Today I got a phone call from my attorney USCIS send out another notice for my fingerprint.
I think my case is moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did it happen?

02/2005 mail in my N400 application
04/14/2005 name check starts
04/2005 notice for my first fingerprints
08/2005 interview( I am informed by immigration officer I have passed I just have to wait for my name check to clear, it should not take more than 120 days LOL)
02/2007 Hired a immigration attorney

Today I got a phone call from my attorney USCIS send out another notice for my fingerprint.
I think my case is moving forward.

Happy for you, peanutbutter
Was wondering which route your attorney took? Was it filing 1447?
Please fill us in.

peanutbutter,

I wouldn't like to rain on your parade, but I am not so sure how this is going to help you. Bear with me that I am not a lawyer, but fingerprint and name check should be fairly independent, so they could send you another fingerprint notice, but the name check still be stuck. However, I hope for you that this really means your case is not going to be stuck anymore.

One question to the forum, is it typical that USCIS reissues fingerprint notice when the namecheck has gone for too long? I mean, I seem to remember that the fingerprint results were good for a number of months (in adjustment of status cases), is this the case with N-400?

My 2 cents.

peanutbutter,

I wouldn't like to rain on your parade, but I am not so sure how this is going to help you. Bear with me that I am not a lawyer, but fingerprint and name check should be fairly independent, so they could send you another fingerprint notice, but the name check still be stuck. However, I hope for you that this really means your case is not going to be stuck anymore.

One question to the forum, is it typical that USCIS reissues fingerprint notice when the name check has gone for too long? I mean, I seem to remember that the fingerprint results were good for a number of months (in adjustment of status cases), is this the case with N-400?

My 2 cents.

Yes I agree 100%
My attorney told me this is usually the end but after reading several posts on this forum I know it's not necessary true, however I hope for the best outcome.
For now there is nothing my attorney or I can do, I just have to wait to see what happens after my second round of fingerprints which is on March 22.
Like I said I am hoping for the best.

It can't be just for the sake of showing some action that fingerprints are asked for, it could also very well be that your NC cleared but now fingerprints are out-of-date.

It can't be just for the sake of showing some action that fingerprints are asked for, it could also very well be that your NC cleared but now fingerprints are out-of-date.
Please let it be true that second part of your sentence is correct.

Urgent And Time Sensitive, Support Senator Obama's Bill On Limiting Fbi's Name Check

Dear All:

Whether your citizenship has finally been approved, your case is pending or you are getting started, you know the need for reform in the stalling process that can take for years. Many of you are already aware of the "Citizenship Promotion Act" introduced by Senator Obama on March 7, 07. This bill limits the increase in the immigration fees, but most importantly delineates time frames for FBI name check, which has a backlog of 300,000 and are reviewing cases "manually". I have started a petition in support of the bill. Please be informed that the bill also supports applicants of permanent residency in their name check process as well. WE ALL NEED TO SIGN IT AND ALSO PASS IT ON TO ALL OF THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ARE OR HAVE BEEN ENTANGLED BY THE OVERDUE IMMIGRATION PROCESSES. THE MORE SIGNATURES WE HAVE, THE MORE WE WILL BE ABLE TO OBTAIN ADVOCACY FOR THE BILL BY THE CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS.

PLEASE SIGN AND PASS FORWARD FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE TO SEE.
http://www.petitiononline.com/nc082505/petition.html
BITA

I don't recall the exact time period, but I do know for sure that you will be sent to FP again if your case remains idle for a longish period of time.