My mother already interviewed in 2019, was called in again for fingerprints and was told her case needs inquiry

uzairp

Hi, I sponsored my mother in Pakistan for green card based on my US citizenship. She was interviewed in Aug 2019, they kept passport and asked to send a missing document that we sent, then covid delayed it. She got called in again to Islamabad in Sept 2021 for fingerprints and oath. She previously had green card that expired in 2011 which is all detailed in her initial application. She was in US multiple times till 2011 and stayed about a year and went back Pakistan but never stayed more than 6 month in Pakistan. interviewer told her that since she stayed more than 6 months in US, they needed to do an inquiry. If she stayed less than 6 months in US, they would have given visa right away. Mother did not remember to remind the interviewer she had green card then. They still kept her passport. Do you think they overlooked the fact she had greencard? is it something else they will do an inquiry? Please share your thoughts.