My Life With USCIS

aswresm

Registered Users (C)
I applied for I-485 in November 2006 - family based through marriage to a U.S. Citizen. Since then my case has been pending a back ground check investigation to clear. I also submitted an I-765 application with the 485, and did not receive my EAD until NINE MONTHS later. When I finally received my EAD card, my name was misspelled and I had to send it back and wait another month for them to correct it. And now I am still awaiting the back ground check and have not even been scheduled for an interview after A YEAR AND A HALF of applying. I also just figured out recently that my DOB is incorrect in my 485 file. I contacted my congressman, submitted over 9 service requests through the customer service number, 4 info-pass appointments, and no one can answer as to why the USCIS has not sent for my interview yet.

Has this happened with anyone? - failure to interview? ...... is my case approvable under the new February memo even though I did not complete an interview - as my case has been pending a background check for over a year. I am desperate for any kind of answer or explanation. PLEASE HELP!!

Well my story is similar and cases like ours do not get replies. This forum seems to be about employment based immigration issues. I applied for AOS Feb in 2002. We were interviewed some 7 months later. Then nothing happened for two years. I moved, requested for a transfer of file and another interview was scheduled. My file was sent back to its original location for lack of proof of residence. I have another interview coming up soon... It's been over six years of torture. I hope yours ends up better than mine.

It never hurts to consult an attorney. The USCIS has the habit of backlogging "complicated" files.

Sorry, I can't provide better help than this.