My interview experience

Naz121

Registered Users (C)
i applied for us citizenship on jan 22nd 2008 had my fingerprint done on march and got interview today at june 20th 2008 i think i got very lucky today one of the nicest lady got to interview me today i stayed out of country for 9months and i thaught that might cause a problem she just asked me what caused me to stay out of country that long and i just explained her the reason and that was it she made the whole thing so easy for me plus the whole citizenship process worked out pretty fast for me i have my oath date on july4th Good luck to everyone whoever is waiting for their interview hope it goes as easy as it did for me:)

ok i changed the font size sorry i didnt know it would bother that much :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey congrats!!!!!!!!!! u stayed out for 9 months? did she ask u proof to show that u didnt abadon the usa?? i have this situation also and thats why im asking u,

hey congrats!!!!!!!!!! u stayed out for 9 months? did she ask u proof to show that u didnt abadon the usa?? i have this situation also and thats why im asking u,

no she didnt ask for any proof just asked if i live with my parents and if i came back to live with them i said yes

do u have a job or pay taxes???????? im sorry for being nosy im asking cuz this is almost similar to my case and many people have said they deny if u stay out more then 6months and since u got it then theres a chance right.

do u have a job or pay taxes???????? im sorry for being nosy im asking cuz this is almost similar to my case and many people have said they deny if u stay out more then 6months and since u got it then theres a chance right.
yes when i asked i got the same reply that they might deny my case so i was worried also but in your case i would advice if u do get asked about your stay which i think u will just explain that even though you were out for so long you still had ties with us like any relative or family member living in the us or if u can back it up with documents of any proof that would make it much easier in my case i didnt have any proof i just explained everything verbally i stayed out once for 9 months and once for 5 months in 2 years but still i got approved but sometimes it might depend on the person who interviews you hope everything works out easy for you aswell just go to the interview prepared Good luck and no i dont have a job i am in school now i dont pay taxes

thanks,,were u married visiting ur husband?? cuz thats my case i only left the usa for that reason and no other reason and my parents live here and i live with them

thanks,,were u married visiting ur husband?? cuz thats my case i only left the usa for that reason and no other reason and my parents live here and i live with them
i just went to visit my friends n family your case is similar to mine just let them know even though you were out of country that you had a place to come back to and if u filed taxes show that 2 just try to explain your situation as much as you can if u dont have any supporting documents to back it up

thanks for ur reply u gave me a little hope.. thats why i filed cuz its all on the IO u get. if they r even a little understanding ur gona get the citizenship. pray for me!!!

i applied for us citizenship on jan 22nd 2008 had my fingerprint done on march and got interview today at june 20th 2008 i think i got very lucky today one of the nicest lady got to interview me today i stayed out of country for 9months and i thaught that might cause a problem she just asked me what caused me to stay out of country that long and i just explained her the reason and that was it she made the whole thing so easy for me plus the whole citizenship process worked out pretty fast for me i have my oath date on july4th Good luck to everyone whoever is waiting for their interview hope it goes as easy as it did for me:)[/SIZE]

Thanks for posting your experience here. My experience was similar though I did not get on-the-spot decision during my interview. I've been asked to provide documents demonstrating proof of residency. I've done that and am now awaiting a decision from the USCIS now.

I have a feeling continuous residency is not a big deal, especially if you have not committed outright fraud.

There are a couple of posters in this forum causing paranoia regarding the CR situation and your post nullifies their non-professional (they are not lawyers) interpretations of the IO's field manual.

i hope u both r right..i only went out of the country to visit my husband so he can see his son. me and him havent lived together in the past 5 years but i travel over seas to see him although one trip was more then 6 months the others remained 5 months each, but i havent traveled in a year,been in the states ever since 2007. aside that i have no interest in leaving the usa. do they also look at the situation?

I have a feeling continuous residency is not a big deal, especially if you have not committed outright fraud.

There are a couple of posters in this forum causing paranoia regarding the CR situation and your post nullifies their non-professional (they are not lawyers) interpretations of the IO's field manual.
One trip of 9 months is not the same as 3 or 4 back-to-back trips of 5 months each. Others on the forum have been denied for their series of long trips.

it does state in the rules that u may take trips under 6 months but also remain in the usa 33 months out of the entire 5 years. u cant stay over 1 year thats no exception period! however it does also state that if u stayed overseas over 6 months but less then 1 year u have to show proof. such as if ur family members live here or u pay rent or bank bills and stuff..all these r things that they say u can do and u will get ur citizenship..but u know what it all comes down to which IO u get! do u get a pissy one who snaps at every little thing or do u get a nice one who isnt about to eat u alive, depends doesnt it?