My I-485 is approved.

Congrats! Yet another WOM winner...

Hi,

Would you take some time to give us how you approached WOM. On your own or thru a lawyer, if so what prior steps you have taken. I think WOM seems my only option!

I filed a lawsuit by myself, ie. pro se. I got a lot of help from this forum. I went through InfoPass multiple times from May to Oct to know that name check was always pending. I called and wrote to VSC and wrote to CIS Ombudsman. VSC didn't give me any response. Ombudsman made a inquiry for me to CIS. I got a letter that I was stuck in name check. I wrote to FBI. FBI responded that my name check has been cleared in Aug/06, which CIS didn't concur. I have also written to the senator and congressman. So far no response. After that, I sent an "Intent to sue" letter to CIS in the end of Sept. In the end, I put all together and filed a WOM. Since I knew FBI has cleared my name check, I just sued CIS.

Congrats!!

Which address did you write to the FBI for the namecheck issue?

And what is the "intent to sue" letter? What made you write that? I haven't heard anyone else using the threat before acting on that threat. Is this necessary?

Once again, congrats and enjoy your new sense of relief.

nj_skm

I wrote to the FBI local office. You can find the address on FBI website.
The purpose of the "Intent to sue" letter is just to request CIS to complete my case in 30 days, otherwise I will file WOM. I saw many people using this way in the early time. Sometimes it works according to what I read in this forum. But it is not necessary. I just wanted to gather more evidences to support WOM.

Do you get your approval notice and card.

Hi, Southhuntington,

I am wondering if you have got your approval notice and green card. I am in the similar time frame and want to know when you got them.

Thanks.

Southhuntington said:
I wrote to the FBI local office. You can find the address on FBI website.
The purpose of the "Intent to sue" letter is just to request CIS to complete my case in 30 days, otherwise I will file WOM. I saw many people using this way in the early time. Sometimes it works according to what I read in this forum. But it is not necessary. I just wanted to gather more evidences to support WOM.