My I-485 has been approved!!!

civ2ru

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends!

Just found out today (been away from my computer for a couple of days) that my I-485 has been approved on August 31. Details in my signature. No RFE, no interview. A LUD earlier on August 31.

Got tremendous and invaluable help and advice on these forums - sincere gratitude from the bottom of my heart to so many selfless members who take the time to just help people. Especially want to thank Newhope2005, Southhuntington, reddoc, greenc_seeker, Toxsci, 2006gc, ari4u, eb1doc, garemani, EB1OR@NSC, leviathan, greenc_seeker, nathanss, techy2468, ginnu, yojlee, curiousGeorge, TheRealCanadian, wik. Don't plan to be leaving the forums - have done quite a bit of research, learned a lot and want to keep contributing - the least I can do.

Wow... The news still hasn't sunk in... Now that they are done with me, hopefully they can move on and approve the rest of us. Feel free to ask me questions, I'll try to be of help. Keep in mind that my field is music not science, and before AOS I was on P1 visa. Good luck!!! :)

civ2ru said:
Hello friends!

Just found out today (been away from my computer for a couple of days) that my I-485 has been approved on August 31. Details in my signature. No RFE, no interview. A LUD earlier on August 31.

Got tremendous and invaluable help and advice on these forums - sincere gratitude from the bottom of my heart to so many selfless members who take the time to just help people. Especially want to thank Newhope2005, Southhuntington, reddoc, greenc_seeker, Toxsci, 2006gc, ari4u, eb1doc, garemani, EB1OR@NSC, leviathan, greenc_seeker, nathanss, techy2468, ginnu, yojlee, curiousGeorge, TheRealCanadian, wik. Don't plan to be leaving the forums - have done quite a bit of research, learned a lot and want to keep contributing - the least I can do.

Wow... The news still hasn't sunk in... Now that they are done with me, hopefully they can move on and approve the rest of us. Feel free to ask me questions, I'll try to be of help. Keep in mind that my field is music not science, and before AOS I was on P1 visa. Good luck!!! :)

Hearty congratulations and WELCOME TO THE GC CLUB!

civ2ru said:
Hello friends!

Hi and congrats!
What was your service center?

civ2ru said:
Hello friends!

--------------Congratulations!!! What is your field under EB1?? Artist?

michvin - my service center was Texas.

ginnu - yes, artist. Thanks for all your help!

Congratulations! Reaching here within 5 months is quite an accomplishment. Enjoy!!!
civ2ru said:
Hello friends!

civ2ru said:
Hello friends!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! ENJOY THE FREEDOM OF HAVING GC

How soon did you get the card?

civ2ru said:
Hello friends!

Hi Congrads!
i have one question, do you know normally how long will they issue the card? My 485 also approved for about 2 weeks, until now, they still didnt issue me the card :( did you know anything about it? Thanks for your help.

I'm new to this board. What is LUD?

bebesf2000 said:
Hi Congrads!
i have one question, do you know normally how long will they issue the card? My 485 also approved for about 2 weeks, until now, they still didnt issue me the card :( did you know anything about it? Thanks for your help.

Hi Xusch,

LUD means, the last update made against your case. If you register yourselves in usicis.gov as a customer, you'll be able to see the date indicated against your case #.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Congratulations!

civ2ru,

Congratulations! 485 Approval in two months is just amazing! I guess you must be a great muscician (pianist b/c you had a P1 visa?). I am wondering if there is any way to change from H-1 to P1 visa. :rolleyes:

Received my card today!!!!!

bebesf2000 said:
i have one question, do you know normally how long will they issue the card? My 485 also approved for about 2 weeks, until now, they still didnt issue me the card :( did you know anything about it?
Yours should be in the mail soon, too. I trust your FP results are less than 15 months old? Hang in there, waiting to get your green card after it's been approved is a good problem to have! :)
Freemann said:
485 Approval in two months is just amazing! I guess you must be a great muscician (pianist b/c you had a P1 visa?). I am wondering if there is any way to change from H-1 to P1 visa. :rolleyes:
Thanks! I think I did have a pretty strong case; also the fact that I didn't have to deal with retrogression (and that my case ended up in TSC) certainly helped! And a great deal of luck, I'm sure. But - I don't think you would want to be on P1... Yearly renewals...

Good luck to all of us!

Last edited by a moderator:
civ2ru said:
Yours should be in the mail soon, too. I trust your FP results are less than 15 months old? Hang in there, waiting to get your green card after it's been approved is a good problem to have! :)

Thanks! I think I did have a pretty strong case; also the fact that I didn't have to deal with retrogression (and that my case ended up in TSC) certainly helped! And a great deal of luck, I'm sure. But - I don't think you would want to be on P1... Yearly renewals...

Good luck to all of us!

Hi civ2ru,
Thanks for your support....but I have a few questions though.
1.Did you get your notice in mail?? if so, when?
2.Did you receive email update said that your card has been sent out?
Or you just get the card after the email and notice said that your case has been approved?
I did my fingure print in 6/2006 so I dont know what's the problem :( your case approved later than me and already got the card today.
Thanks for your help if you can let me know those info.

Congrats!

Was the LUD posted on August 31?
It is the same date as your approved date. Just want to confirm this, because most of people got many LUDs before approval, but I still haven't got any.

bebesf2000 said:
1.Did you get your notice in mail?? if so, when?
2.Did you receive email update said that your card has been sent out?
Or you just get the card after the email and notice said that your case has been approved?
Actually, the first message I got was "On August 31, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready". Then, on September 7, it changed to "This case has been approved. On September 6, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice... etc.". So it seems like my card was ordered before my approval notice was mailed. Received the card, still waiting for the approval notice.

skyblue789 said:
Was the LUD posted on August 31?
It is the same date as your approved date. Just want to confirm this, because most of people got many LUDs before approval, but I still haven't got any.
I got a LUD on August 31, the message still showing "pending" I-485 status. No LUD on September 1. Then I had to leave town for a couple of days, and as I returned I found a LUD of September 2 with the first approval message I mentioned above. It's very confusing. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about LUDs. Some people get many of them, and some get none until approval. Good luck!

Confusing.

Hi civ2ru ,
Thanks for your reply. Yes it is very confusing. My is reverse way. I got the email and notice in mail but i never got the email said my card has been ordered so i am a bit worried :( There is also something very weird i didnt mention eariler, my online status for 140 still pending! have you heard of anything like this before?? But i got 485 approved and notice in mail. I wonder if they approved my case at the same time cuz my case is concurrent filing.
thanks for your help.

interview for i-485

Yours is indeed a very strange case. I think a call to customer support is in order!

hi! I am new to this portal. I just like to ask re: the i-485. if you are applying for EB1 for artist, do you still have to undergo an interview for the i-485 to be approved?

Congrats civ2ru.

Your insights and opinions have been very valuable to many regulars and occassional visitors of this forum. Wish you all the very best in your post GC life !

Hang around and we all would surely need your experienced suggestions in our steps, going forward.

Enjoy the moment !