My I-140 EB-1 EA has been approved!

civ2ru

Registered Users (C)
I am thrilled to share the wonderful news - this morning I was notified that my I-140 EB-1 EA has been approved, without LUD or RFE (the timeframe is in my signature). I would like to thank every contributor on this forum for providing such an excellent resource for immigrants, especially considering that I prepared the case by myself. I'll be happy to answer any questions, but please keep in mind that my field was music not science.

Now I have another question. It's ironic, but I sent out the I-485 package (semi-concurrently, based on a pending I-140) 2 days ago. Now that my I-140 is approved not just pending, would they be able to see it when the package arrives, or should I call them or mail them a copy of the approval notice when I receive it? Thank you very much for any input!

I guess I'll have to move over to "I-485" forums soon...

What a happy day!

Last edited by a moderator:
civ2ru said:
I am thrilled to share the wonderful news - this morning I was notified that my I-140 EB-1 EA has been approved, without LUD or RFE (the timeframe is in my signature). I would like to thank every contributor on this forum for providing such an excellent resource for immigrants, especially considering that I prepared the case by myself. I'll be happy to answer any questions, but please keep in mind that my field was music not science.

Now I have another question. It's ironic, but I sent out the I-485 package (semi-concurrently, based on a pending I-140) 2 days ago. Now that my I-140 is approved not just pending, would they be able to see it when the package arrives, or should I call them or mail them a copy of the approval notice when I receive it? Thank you very much for any input!

I guess I'll have to move over to "I-485" forums soon...

What a happy day!

CONGRATULATIONS civ2ru !!!!!

Congrats! I am glad to see that TSC has finally approved an EB-1 case. Seemed like they were not touching those cases but only concentrating on labor-based cases. Hopefully, they will get to my case soon (EB-1 OR, RD 5/4/6).

EB-1-EA – Nebraska Service Center

I-140 petition arrived at NSC on June 21, 2006

Any idea how much time NSC is taking in average to aprove/deny/RFE for EB1a? Do you know whether your file is going to stay in NSC? I mean whether you have a receipt# yet.

Thanks.

My credentials below. My field of "extraordinary ability" is music.

- Grammy nomination
- Mentions/interviews in 16 print publications, also in an episode of "60 Minutes", on CNN and CMT, and in a documentary film
- Credits on 6 albums/records and 8 recommendation letters
- My work showcased at numerous venues and TV shows

That's the gist of it. Hope it helps!

eb1a-query said:
EB-1-EA – Nebraska Service Center

I-140 petition arrived at NSC on June 21, 2006

Any idea how much time NSC is taking in average to aprove/deny/RFE for EB1a? Do you know whether your file is going to stay in NSC? I mean whether you have a receipt# yet.

Thanks.

We are in the same boat. Even my I-140 (EB-1A) arrived at NSC on June 21, 2006 and atleast 3 weeks it will take to get the receipt notice. that is what my attorney office told me. let us keep posting the advancement of our case.

Thanks all!
My file reached NSC on June 12 and I already got the receipt notice within a week with the PD June 13. So if your file arrived there on June 21, you should get it next week and hope for the best, i. e., TSC.

civ2ru, I thought your credential is awesome!

eb1a-query said:
Thanks all!
My file reached NSC on June 12 and I already got the receipt notice within a week with the PD June 13. So if your file arrived there on June 21, you should get it next week and hope for the best, i. e., TSC.

You filed in NSC or TSC. Getting receipt notice within a week is very quick. when i look at the processing dates for EB-1A at NSC is Sep. 2005. Looks like they rolled over to back dates. I do not know what is going on?

madgu-gc2005 said:
You filed in NSC or TSC. Getting receipt notice within a week is very quick. when i look at the processing dates for EB-1A at NSC is Sep. 2005. Looks like they rolled over to back dates. I do not know what is going on?
Since April 1, all the petitions are supposed to be filed in NSC. Then they will distribute them between NSC and TSC. You have no choice...anyway, you may still get it in TSC if you are lucky.

eb1a-query said:
Since April 1, all the petitions are supposed to be filed in NSC. Then they will distribute them between NSC and TSC. You have no choice...anyway, you may still get it in TSC if you are lucky.

That is cool. Yes I agree if it goes to TSC. most of the cases in TSC are through whereas at NSC there is a possibility that one might get RFE. that should not be problem. thanks for your input eb1a-query.