my husband is seeking F2

rtamim

Registered Users (C)
Dear all:

My husband was here in the U.S for last 8 years. He finished his BBA and MBA both from here. And he was on OPT when he went home in last december to see his expired mom. But since his visa expired in last october so he had to carry an I-20 for doctoral programs so that he could come back and join school. He was not enjoying to work in the bank so he got his I-20 ready by last october though. Back home he got refused twice. The visa officer did not say anything much. He added that he now has to work in his home country before he seeks ph.d.

I am on F-1 now. I came down here in dec 2003. I am in a terrible condition without my husband because I do not know anybody here and I did not mix along with anybody. Even after that I badly need my husband here to accompany me until I finish my degree. For your information I am pursuing MA and work as a graduate assistant in the dept.

I would like to know whether pursuing for F2 is risky for my husband? I badly need him here.

What is the best possible way to approach the situation. I am all lost. Please help me.

Thanks.

rtamim said:
Dear all:

My husband was here in the U.S for last 8 years. He finished his BBA and MBA both from here. And he was on OPT when he went home in last december to see his expired mom. But since his visa expired in last october so he had to carry an I-20 for doctoral programs so that he could come back and join school. He was not enjoying to work in the bank so he got his I-20 ready by last october though. Back home he got refused twice. The visa officer did not say anything much. He added that he now has to work in his home country before he seeks ph.d.

I am on F-1 now. I came down here in dec 2003. I am in a terrible condition without my husband because I do not know anybody here and I did not mix along with anybody. Even after that I badly need my husband here to accompany me until I finish my degree. For your information I am pursuing MA and work as a graduate assistant in the dept.

I would like to know whether pursuing for F2 is risky for my husband? I badly need him here.

What is the best possible way to approach the situation. I am all lost. Please help me.

Thanks.

F2 no risk, maximum they will reject it. Best bet is get a job/ H1 through his US degree and back to US.