My H1B transfer petition has been moved from Vermont to California

thumbsup

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer filed petition for H1B transfer on 20 Dec 2006. I've been waiting for receipt number anxiously to start work for new company. It was filed in premium. I did not get a receipt number as of today. My lawyer speculated that my case may have been transferred from Vermont to California. That's why it's taking so much time to generate receipt number.

Has anyone experienced this transfer from Vermont to California?
What cause this transfer? Just to take load off from Vermont or there seems problem on my petition.

Need any reply desperately.

Transfer

Even my H1B extension case was moved from VErmont to california. From what i know and understand, it is because california is assisting with the processing and they do it faster, so the transfer. My case was received at Vermont on Oct 31 and was transferred to CSC and they show up a date of Nov 06. If yours is a premium case, then 15 calendar days is the timeline for them to make a decision, and i hear that sometimes both the receipt number and the approval come together. 15 days count starts from the day the case was received at the processing service center.

mishty said:
Even my H1B extension case was moved from VErmont to california. From what i know and understand, it is because california is assisting with the processing and they do it faster, so the transfer. My case was received at Vermont on Oct 31 and was transferred to CSC and they show up a date of Nov 06. If yours is a premium case, then 15 calendar days is the timeline for them to make a decision, and i hear that sometimes both the receipt number and the approval come together. 15 days count starts from the day the case was received at the processing service center.
Did you get two different receipt date for Vermont and California?
31 Oct for Vermont / 6 Nov for California

Receipt number

No, just one receipt number with receipt date of Nov 06, cuz its just one case.