my H1 is on security check for 5 months

khawza

I complete my Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Arizona State University. My official graduation took place in August 05. I started working in a Communication Company at San Diego from June 15, 2005 under my optional practical training that allows a nonimmigrant student to work for a year. My company filed a petition I-129 for nonimmigrant worker, i.e., H1B on December 2005 on behalf of me. It usually takes maximum 120 days to process this kind of case for United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). However, I did not hear anything from USCIS within this 120 days period that ended on March. On April 5th, my company filed a premium processing that usually takes 10 to 15 days to process. Again within this 15 days period I did not hear anything from USCIS. I heard from the Attorney of my company that my case was under security check. On May 15th the one year duration of my optional practical training expired and I was bound to stop working in my company. On top of that my original driving license expired the same day and I have been denied a temporary license during the interim period. The attorney told me that I could stay in US as long as my petition was pending. However, it is tough for me to stay in city like San Diego with my family, i.e., my wife and 5 years old school-going son without working and earning money. I do not know how long it will take for my case to end and how long I can wait with this amount of uncertainty. Any suggestion in this regard will be appreciated. Thanking you for your time.

Hello,

Mine is pending since Jan 2006. Even premium didnt help. USCIS says its in security check.

whats the update on yours??

Also please advise if I can/have to do anything....

Thnx

Mine also stuck in security check, whats update in your cases? anyone got approval after security check?

Security check? what is this all about. Is it stuck while you are out of the country and trying to obtain a visa stamp in your passport, or is it stuck just getthing the H1b approved. I have never heard of that fact.

Please eloborate.

khawza, Similar problem can you help

Hello khawza,

I applied in July 2006 for H1 and my files were lost at USCIS. My OPT with grace period ended in feb and my employer applied for another H1 in april 2007. My old case and new case both show pending. Can I stay in united states during this pending period?. Did you get your H1.. what happened with your case.

Giri