My Green Card timeline

someone2007

Registered Users (C)
Aug 13, 2009 - Application Sent
Sep 21, 2009 - BIO3
Sep 29, 2009 - Card Production Ordered :D

Thanks for everyone who have helped answering my questions and concerns ..

Good Luck to all ...

congrats. which service center did u send ur application to? let me guess, TSC!!!

hmmmmm no .. Nebraska Service Center

I see that you filed & had BIO before but didn't get it yet .. and at the same service center ..

Did you travel overseas ? as for me; I didn't ..

I have a friend who sent their application a week after me and they didn't get their BIO notice only yesterday and the appointment is sometime end of October .. so looks like it varies from one to another ..

Good Luck and keep us posted !

Aug 13, 2009 - Application Sent
Sep 21, 2009 - BIO3
Sep 29, 2009 - Card Production Ordered :D

Thanks for everyone who have helped answering my questions and concerns ..

Good Luck to all ...

Are you kidding?:eek:
Cheez, God bless Nebraska Service Center !!
47 days from apply to approval that's the record!

haha... ok thanks!! yes i did travel overseas... but i did the bio and everything on time! does traveling affect anything?

yes uncle joe, my application is still pending! it might be because of my nationality or because i travelled abroad?!?! (i don't know how that could affect the procedure as long as u do the bio and send all the docs). i actually left for my trip august 17th and cam back to do my bio3 just for 1 day and then again left straight after that and came back again a few days ago.

so yes, im still waiting! and my LUD hasn't changed since a couple of days after i did my bio. :(

i thought that's before u reach one year of ur residency requirement as an asylee for i-485 eligibility!! damn... i didn't know!! even the immigration officer at the airport said my traveling won't effect my green card application. this was when i came back to do my bio. but again last weekend when i went to secondary at the airport, the officer asked me if i am still waiting for my green card and when i said yes, he said that it is strange and i should be getting it soon!!! i don't know where all of this information was coming from but he sounded promising! oh well, my luck!!

i thought that's before u reach one year of ur residency requirement as an asylee for i-485 eligibility!! damn... i didn't know!! even the immigration officer at the airport said my traveling won't effect my green card application. this was when i came back to do my bio. but again last weekend when i went to secondary at the airport, the officer asked me if i am still waiting for my green card and when i said yes, he said that it is strange and i should be getting it soon!!! i don't know where all of this information was coming from but he sounded promising! oh well, my luck!!

Secondary Inspection)))
I remember couple years ago when I just have my CG, first think i did I went to Canada, on the way back spent like 2 hours in the Secondary Inspection, they were checking my vehicle asking all kind of questions.

well im traveling with RTD with no GC! every time u enter, they will stamp the 'asylum granted, pursuant to trhe section 208 of the INA.... blah blah' thingy in ur passport. to do that, they have to take u to the secondary inspection because they dont have the stamp at the primary. no other questions asked, no fingerprint, photo, anything. they just ask u security questions about ur file: ur SSN, father or mother's full name, etc.

so when can i inquire about my case? 4 months after my ND?

well im traveling with RTD with no GC! every time u enter, they will stamp the 'asylum granted, pursuant to trhe section 208 of the INA.... blah blah' thingy in ur passport. to do that, they have to take u to the secondary inspection because they dont have the stamp at the primary. no other questions asked, no fingerprint, photo, anything. they just ask u security questions about ur file: ur SSN, father or mother's full name, etc.

so when can i inquire about my case? 4 months after my ND?

I hope you'll get decision in few weeks, If not just let it go for couple more months, then try to schedule info pass appointment. All depends on case by case scenario, some people stucking on Background checks some getting approved in 47 days))

Back in the days you have to wait few years. When I was applying in 2006, my time-frame was few years just wait for your number. But they removed that cap in 2006 and it was pretty quick. It took me 9 months to get approved. Some people were waiting since like 2000-2002. Nowadays it's much quicker.