My Employer is not paying my salary

vmreddyusa

My Employer is not paying me my salary

Dear Sir / Madam ,

I am on H1B and my empoyer didn't paid my salary for 1 month last year .

I have all the paystubs , approved timesheets and all the relevant information to prove my statement .

Since 2 months this year he is not paying my salary . I am writing mails daily but no response . I tried to call him on his office or his cell , its going to VM .I am totally frusted , and depressed . Their is no medical insurance for me since three months . Pls help me in getting my money back .

Thanks
vmrreddy.
:confused:

Dear Sir ,

You have told me to talk to DOL - Dept Of Labour .

By the way , Iam in CA and my employer is in NJ . My payroll runs from NJ . Should I contact DOL of CA OR DOL OF NJ .

Can you pls share the contact details of DOL and address with email and relevant information . I am very much depressed and lost interest for what I am . My days are running very bad becoz of lack of funds . Pls help me and advice me in a better way and do the needful .

I shall be great and thankful to you sir .

Thanks
Reddy .

Reddy,

Look for wage and hour division of DOL. They have a special arbitration office for h1b. You can file the complain with local DOL in CA but eventually it will be transferred to the NJ DOL. I would call them and check where it needs to be filed.

Don't worry you will get your money back. Sometimes it takes longer..sometimes it just needs a phone call from DOL investigator and they cough up the money :)..

Hope it helps.

Employer not paying my salary ..

Hello Raj ,

Thanks for your mail. Your mail gave me a ray of hope that I can get my hard earned money back .

Pls let me know more information on this . I was mentally upset and tortured. I was running into debts from my friends which I took . Pls help me in getting my money back . I shall be very thankful to you .

Thanks Raj.
Reddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
unpaid wages!

araj_98 said:
check your PM. Email me your Qs.
Who is your employer ? I had the same problem and you can file a complaint in DOL California Office in Salary and Wages division.
you can call on this # : 1-866-4-USWAGE and get california office #.

Good luck!

Being on H-1 status means your employer has to meet the wage as stated on the H-1 petition. If they are not paying you, you are not in status. You should definitely contact an attorney.

Hi, I have Q's about this.

I am too in a similiar position. When you say, that we are "out of status" , but whose fault is this ? not us , this is becas of employer, so employer should get punished, not an employee.

In my case, my I-140 has been approved, so making complaint against my employer, will affect my future green card process ??

pl let me know.

Thanks in advance.