My Day has Come!!

mydaywillcome

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks, I am glad to share with you my interview experience. My case was transfered to Memphis on 8/20/2004. Recieved interview letter late December, appointment was for Jan 27, 2005 in Fort Smith office.

I went in today with my wife and a bag full of documents. Got there at 12:45, called in at 2:00 PM. Officer swore me and my wife. Two thick files, the size of a phone book, were on his table, he flipped over few pages on my wife's file, then ask how long have we being married, and how did we come to us first, visit, or Student visa. He then asked me if I still work for the same company, to which I answered yes. He immediately started taking our index finger print. I asked him if he needs any documents, he said no. I then said we prepared pictures!!, he said yea.. give me those..

He then stamped our passports and said this stamp is good for one year, and that we should recieve your cards within six month. I said thank you.

He walked us to the door where I thanked him again. He was very coteous and nice..

Folks, I can't tell you how worried I was. My case was kind of complicated, had NSEERS compliance issues, and BC problems. Anyway I am gald it is over.

Good Luck all.

Congratulation !
could you please give more details ? such as, date of FP, Approval date for I-140, RFE ? thanks,

More Details on my case

Sorry for not not giving details all at once, but here is what I remember:

Concurrent filing of 140 & 485

- RD 03/14/2003
- FP 05/29/2003
- 06/2004 sent two expedite requests due to fingerprints expiring
- 07/2004 two RFEs sent by INS one on 140 and one on 485. They wanted
proof of special registeration(I did not register!!) and additional proof on Birth Certification. My initial application had affadavit letters of birth as I did not have a BC.(I was asked to provide primary school records)
- 08/11/2004 responded to RFE
- 08/20/2004 140 Approved and 485 transfered to Memphis
- 09/17/2004 I went to Memphis and requested fingerprints. Officer told me to wait until I recieve notice. I arqued it would make things easier if they do it now since I live 2 1/2 hours away. He then agreed, and issued request for FP on the spot.
- 12/29/2004 Recieved interview letter to appear at a Fort Smith on 01/27

01/27/2005 appeared for interview. Went pretty smooth, no questions on NSEERS or BC. Recieved stamp and was told to expect the card in the mail

Hope this helps.

I will be happy to answer any questions since I know how stressfull this is. I found a lot of comfort whenever I read encouraging posts in this forum while i was going through this.

Good Luck all.

Dear mydaywillcome,

How did you address the NSEERS issue in your response to the RFEs you received? I too did not register and have received an NSEERS related RFE from CSC.

--fkafka