My case is specical...can I get my I-485 approved in future?

jerrygreat

Registered Users (C)
Hello, All buddies:

My case is a little special:
After my wife (H-1B) filed I-140/I-485, I got EAD in Dec 2006, and I (H4)started to work by using EAD from Jan 2, 2007. On May 10, 2007, we received I-140/I485 denial letter. we filed a reopen and reconsideration for I-140 denial. I was still using that EAD for work (it is vaild from Dec 2006-Dec 2007) during that time. In November 27. 2007, I changed my visa from H4=>H1.(I was not being asked by USCIS to go aborad for re-stamping H1, anyway it is approved). The USCIS denied our Reopen and Reconsideration for I-140 again later in March 2008.

Now the comany sponsor me to apply for EB2 green card.

Usaually, when using EAD, your status is AOS, and when I-140/I485 denied,
you lose your status. In my case, from May 10-Nov 27, I maybe already lose
my status. however, H4=>H1 is OK without any problem.

My question
I worried that in the future, in the stage of waiting for I-485 approval, does USCIS can find out that I have the above problem between May 10-Nov 27, (it is over 180 days)?!
--However, during that period, I have a I-140 reopen and reconsideration case pending?--does this mean legally staying in US? (even it denied again later)
If this is a problem, do I had better go home country/re-entry US once to clean these mess?
However, I am over 180 days, is that possible that I can not come back?

Thank you very much in advance.

Jerry in worrying

Hello, All buddies:

After my wife (H-1B) filed I-140/I-485, I got EAD in Dec 2006, and I (H4)started to work by using EAD from Jan 2, 2007. On May 10, 2007, we received I-140/I485 denial letter. we filed a reopen and reconsideration for I-140 denial. I was still using that EAD for work (it is vaild from Dec 2006-Dec 2007) during that time. In November 27. 2007, I changed my visa from H4=>H1.(I was not being asked by USCIS to go aborad for re-stamping H1, anyway it is approved). The USCIS denied our Reopen and Reconsideration for I-140 again later in March 2008.

My question
I worried that in the future, in the stage of waiting for I-485 approval, does USCIS can find out that I have the above problem between May 10-Nov 27, (it is over 180 days)?!
--However, during that period, I have a I-140 reopen and reconsideration case pending?--does this mean legally staying in US? (even it denied again later)
If this is a problem, do I had better go home country/re-entry US once to clean these mess?

Jerry in worrying

You should talk to good lawyer with all your details.

I think your MTR application received date by USCIS is very important here. If the MTR is pending, you may not have to count those days; so actually you might have accumulated less out of status days(from denial date to MTR reopen application recvd date, from second denial till todate). If out of status clock passed 6 months its a major violation hence you will needto discuss your case with a lawyer as ginnu mentioned.

Hello, All buddies:

My question

Jerry in worrying

When you filed H1 what was your status? Did you mention that you are working on EAD while applying for the H1?