My biometrics experience.

fisherman

Registered Users (C)
With expired GC (which expired 5 years ago) and no passport, was kind of nervous going into this.

The Biometrics appointment was at 9:00 am in Memphis. Went thru the security and was instructed to drop my biometrics appointment in the drop box along with a questioner (your name, age, etc..). There were like five people waiting in the whole lobby. A lady came out of office five minutes later and ask for GC and ID-Driverlicense. She also ask me if I had been out of country in last 12 months which I said no. She went back in.

Five minutes later, a big guy came out (later I found out he was the supervisor) and called my name. He ask me why address on my driverlicense is different from given address on the application. I told him I moved last year and haven’t change address on DL. He paused for couple of seconds and then told me to correct it as soon as possible, and went back in.

Fifteen minutes later, the lady called me again and led me into her office. She hand me back my DL, and put a laser sticker on the Green Card which extend the validity of card till June ‘06. After biometrics was taken, they hand me a comment card and said they are done.

Before leaving, I told her that I had made couple of mistakes on I-90 application (date of adjustment and POE). She took my application to her supervisor’s office (big guy), came out and told me not to worry about it since they already have correct information in their system.

With expired GC and no passport, I thought they might grill me. But not even a single question was asked as to why I did not renew GC, and requested no other documents. Every body was polite, helpful and courteous.

I checked off the Excellent option regarding experience, promptness, attitude, courtesy, etc.. on the comment card and dropped it off in the Comment Box on my way out. All in all, a very pleasant experience :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Enquirer. I was worried about it a bit because of expired GC, but you and JoeF did tell me not to :)

Legally, you are not at fault if you don't renew your GC because you are still PR only. Plastic card is only for proof. If you know this you won't wonder why they didn't grill you :)

This has been my experience
Most of the employees at the biometric processing center are not Immigration Officers, they are usually clerks, who know how to do their job but don't know the immigration laws and policies.

luckyandcurious said:
Legally, you are not at fault if you don't renew your GC because you are still PR only. Plastic card is only for proof. If you know this you won't wonder why they didn't grill you :)

Well, you know. In eyes of CIS, you are guilty untill proven innocent :rolleyes:
So I thought they might think I have something to hide for not renewing GC, and start asking questions.

harvydonald said:
Most of the employees at the biometric processing center are not Immigration Officers, they are usually clerks, who know how to do their job but don't know the immigration laws and policies.

That is probably true. That is why I think the office supervisor have to Okay it first before clerk can proceed with biometric procedure :)

Last edited by a moderator: