Mumbai - March 2003 Interview Tracker

TeeRoy

Registered Users (C)
Gang!
Please post your case details here, if you are expecting a March interview at the Mumbai Consulate.

My case details are as follows

08/22/2002 - I 140 AD.
10/17/2002 - P3 Mailed to STL.
11/18/2002 - NVC Recd P3 from STL.
12/30/2002 - NVC Sent Case to Consulate.
01/07/2002 - Sent an email to B'bay requesting interview dates.
01/08/2002 - Confirmed email from consulate that our interview has been scheduled for March.
CPTrackerID - TeeRoy.

Thanks!

My Packet was received at Mumbai Consulate on 12/31/2002. I also received e-mail from Consulate on Jan 7th that they are hoping to schedule my interview in March 2003.

Let's see when March Schedule comes out in Mid Feb.

CPtracker ID : gpiyush

Cheers.....

gpiyush
Looks like we are the only guys for the MUmbai March interviews. I was trying to collect some info about the hospitals and hotels that are in and around the embassy. If you do have any more info to add, please do update here.
Here's the info that I was able to pick.

Hospitals:

1. Breach Candy Hospital
USA Visa Annex Bldg.
60 Bhulabhai Desai Rd.
Mumbai 400 026 India

Visa applicants needing a medical examination can call the hospital between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. daily for an appointment. The direct phone number for medical appointments is (91)(22) 367-3373. Applicants can also call through the hospital switchboard at 363-3651, 368-5406, or 369-6194 (9 lines), ext. 304.

2. P. D. Hinduja National Hospital
Veer Savarkar Marg
Mahim, Mumbai 400 016

Immigrant visa applicants interested in using Hinduja Hospital should call the hospital directly at any of the following phone numbers: (91)(22) 444-7076 or 444-7376 (up to 17:30 hrs.), or 445-2422 (10:00 - 12:00, and 13:30 - 14:30 hrs.).

3. Lilavati Hospital
A-791 Bandra Reclamation
Bandra (West)
Mumbai 400 050
India

Visa applicants can call the hospital between 13:00 and 16:00hrs, Monday through Friday, for an appointment. The direct phone number for a medical appointment is (91) (22) 645-5918. Applicants can also call through the hospital switchboard at (91) (22) 645-5891 or 643-8281, ext. 2074.

Hotel Royal Castle
76 August Kranti Marg(Gowalia Tank)
Mumbai - 400 036. Phone: 388 3888(4 Lines)
Fax: 385 4340

The rates are Rs. 900, Rs. 1200 and Rs. 1500.

One of my friend went to Mumbai and as per him, we should choose lilavati over Breach Candy. The problem with Breach Candy is if there is any VIP admitted in Hospital, all resources go to them.

I will get Hote Info from him. I know that he stayed somewhere close to Maha lakshmi Temple. and It was arounf Rs. 1200 and was very good experience.

About photographs, you can get 4 pictures for Rs. 600 close to this hotel and also one more place in Bhulabhai Desai Rd. If your pictures are not as per specs, you can get picutres inside consualte aswell for Rs. 1200/-. So no big deal but he said that anyone who had pictures from US, had to be re-done at Mumbai (???).

it is also surprising that we are the only 2 person with March Interview - e-mails!!!!!! I don't think there is any other March thread.....

Clearance required...

Friends,
I think i will also fall in the march thread.
Consulate received the case on 16th and gave me a case number on the 26th.
When i called them to inquire, they told me that i would be scheduled for Feb. But i dont see my case number in the Feb thread, I called the consulate and they told me that they havent received clearance for my case......Wonder what this is about..Any idea guys?.

Thanks.

I was wondering if you guys have any idea about, what exactly is the deal with photographs? I mean I already have the visa photos; can't I use those? Or are these immigration pictures different in size/background/shape.

Also, I’ve heard that in one of these hospitals where you get your medical tests done, either Lilavati/Breach Candy or the other one, don’t remember the exact one, they do accept credit cards, was wondering if you guys are aware of it. Hope we keep this thread current and updated.

Have a nice day

visa photos different from immigrations photos

Originally posted by TeeRoy
I was wondering if you guys have any idea about, what exactly is the deal with photographs? I mean I already have the visa photos; can't I use those? Or are these immigration pictures different in size/background/shape.
No, you cannot use visa photos for immigration photos.
Visa Photo: is the front view of your face.
Immigration photo: is a slightly angled view which covers your side face (clearly shows your nose curvature and one ear), which you cannot get in oridinary visa/passport photographs.

Also, I’ve heard that in one of these hospitals where you get your medical tests done, either Lilavati/Breach Candy or the other one, don’t remember the exact one, they do accept credit cards, was wondering if you guys are aware of it. Hope we keep this thread current and updated.
I don't have an answer for this question. Mumbai CPers who have had experience with one of the above hospitals, please speak up.

Possible March Interview

My case was created by the consulate in the first week of Jan. I called them a few minutes ago on the main #: (22) 2363-3611, but they said I need to call (22)2363-7407/7408 for immigrant visas. It was real easy and fast to get through. She said its possible for March, but wasnt sure. The only way to find out would be from their website on 15th Feb. So, will just have to wait till then....

good luck to all of us!!!

-Raj.

Friends,
I called up the consulate last nite and they told me that i may also get scheduled for March.
I guess we all will have to wait till Feb 15th.

My case Details:
Consulate received my case on 16th December.
Case Number Created on around 26th December.

Thanks.

Need Help on I-134

Guys !!!!

I need your help on Form I-134 which is Affidavit of Support for Employement category for Dependent.

Write now I am doing this for my wife.

What I have to write in Point # 10 which is

"That I have submitted visa petition(s) to the INS on behalf of the following person(s). If non, state none. "

Do I have to write my wife's name ?
**If yes then which date I have to write down on Date Submitted Field ?

What I have to write in Point # 11 which is

"(Complete this block only if the person named in the item 3 (my wife) willbe in IS temporarily.)"

When I sent I-134 for my mom I hd written that " I will provide Boarding, Lodging and Financial Support during her stay in US "

what I have to write for my wife ?

Thank you !!

Dax

couple more weeks

Buckle up everyone..

In a week or so, some of should start seeing e-mail from Consulate about our scheduled date. Please post them here as you receive those e-mails or even Packet-4.

FYI,
I had asked question to Consulate that can my wife come to US later after succesful CP? and there answer was:

" The principal applicant can travel ahead of the derivative beneficiary."

Anyone knows good AIR fares for India? How much time do we have to allow ourselves for retunring back (just in case it's needed)?

Friends,
Yes....eveyone should start preparation....Feb 15 is close approching.

Any idea when the packet 4 is mailed out?.

Thanks.

Gang!
Finally we are into Feb. Jan was awfully a never-ending month. Any ways I had a question about the fees that we are suppose to pay at the consulate. What's this fee about? I've read this some where in the forum; not exactly sure what's this for. It amounts to about $350.00 per applicant.

My guess is my lawyer might have already paid this fee. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas about this fee?

Thanks!

No chance in March

I emailed Mumbai consulate again using company email id. They apparently never respond to yahoo or hotmail accounts. They said they are hoping for April interview. Case was created on Jan 6th by the consulate.

The $335 fee at the consulate is only required if not paid to the NVC. If paid to the NVC, you need to only show the proof of payment and that payment will not be required in Mumbai.

It seems the packet 4 is mailed approx. a month before scheduled interview date.

the website www.makemytrip.com seems like a good starting point for researching fares to India.

good luck to you all for March interviews.

Raj.

Hello All,

Do not expect a email from Consulate notifying you of your interview date. They do not do that untill you send an email to them.

So I would suggest you guys to send them an email at around after 10th and give couple a days for a response. They do reply at hotmail account as I had my correspondence via hotmail. Remember to have your Case# in the Subject Line. And frame a decent email requesting the interview date.

GoodLuck,

The dates have been declared.

Gang!
The dates are out. I've been scheduled for March 20 '03. B'bay really rocks. I mailed them yesterday evening, and they responded back today. Hope to see you all guys there.

Have fun.

TeeRoy-

Can you please let us know when the case was created in the consulate.
I was asked to call them up on the 10th to get the dates

Thanks.

Well here are the details

08/22/2002 - I 140 Approved.
10/17/2002 - P3 Mailed to STL.
11/18/2002 - NVC Recd P3 from STL.
12/30/2002 - NVC Sent Case to Consulate.

01/07/2003 - Sent an email to B'bay requesting for interview dates.
01/08/2003 - Consulate replied - possibly scheduled for March '03.

02/06/2003 - Sent a follow up email to the consulate, requesting for Interview dates.
02/07/2003 - Consulate replied - March 20 '03 as confirmed interview dates. Packet 4 mailed on Feb 6th.

CPTrackerID - TeeRoy.

Hope that helps.

TeeRoy-
Thats great news...Congratz...I think i should also get a date somewhere around that timeframe.
Consulate received the case on 16th and created the case around 26th of dec.

I will keep you guys posted after i call them up on 10th.

Any idea where the packet IV is mailed?. Is it the attorney or the applicants address?.

Thanks.

CeeBee,

Packet IV is mailed to applicant and generally at your address in India. I have also seen few people saying that it was also mailed to current address in US.

My case reached Consulate on 12/30/2002 so I think we should be scheduled around same time.