Mumbai January P4 Discussion thread!

akle: Just carry the PCC app receipt from the Indian Consulate...

and tell them that you came to know about the PCC reqmt only now, so you have applied for one but not received it. I read somewhere on this site that the US Consulate entertains such requests with a caveat that IF the PCC does come out with adverse findings against you they will deport you and debar future entry into the US. I guess you\'ll have to take that chance or arrange for PCC from India.

Attorney reced P4 today

The consulate mailed it on Dec 4th to me and my attorney. Hopefully, I\'ll see it too when I reach home.

My Details

Priority date: 08/07/2000
P4 Sent: 12/4/2001
P4 Rcvd: NO
Medical: 1/29/2002
Hospital:Hinduja
Interview: 1/31/2002
PCC: Applied to CGNY on 12/20/2001 ( around 30 days they say )
Category: EB3
POE: NY

If you guys want to share contact info, send me a private message.

Thanks,
BzB

Applied for PCC in SF Dec 7

Information

I just called up the counsulate..they said "If u have applied on Dec 7 come on Jan 8 to collect PCC"
Makes me think whehter they do any verification...

I think not cause all the different counsulates have specified different times...makes one wonder how they issue PCC...
"I am sure if one knows how to, one can get it in one day from here..u know the typical desi style"
what do u guys think !!!

If no PCC at interview time

You could try the following argument with the Consular Officer ( not the low level person who collects the stuff ):

When I submitted packet 3 I dutifully prepared all the docs I had checked in the List of Documents in the supplemental OF-169 instructions. I cross checked your web site and verified we did not need a PCC.

I learnt of this new requirement quite by chance from some friends on xx/xx/2001. I immediately applied for PCC at consulate on yy/yy/2001 ( provide the receipt here ). However, it takes a while and it has not yet arrived at the consulate. Given the fact that we were not notified of this new requirement either personally or through any press release by the NVC or the Dept. of State I trust u will display some flexibility in this matter.

If the Consular Officer has any sense of fairness this argument should trigger it. Of course it has to be presented in a non confrontational manner. Worst case scenario: they keep your case pending, you fly back, get the doc from the indian consulate, and give at at Mumbai before 745 AM. In other words at worst your case will be pending and you will incur a financial hit.

I am in the same boat :(

BzB

skarecat how did u get p4!

recd. in post or personally?U got all information accurately and on time....good ...carry on and best of luck

Jan 03 Interview

We too have a CP interview on Jan 03

Have applied for PCC at Mumbai Passport office which might take more than 20 days Am running behind it hope and pray I get it by 02 Jan which does not look too possible so might have to ask the US consulate to postpone the interview as we spoke to the US consulate and told them that we cant get a PCC so they said postpone ur interview or ur case will remain pending until u submit ur PCC and for the PCC they take ur passport... GOD HELP ME AND THESE STUPID NEW RULES...

Everyone having Jan Interview dates in Mumbai do you have ur PCC ready?

Frustrated
Tiny

Tiny

Do not postpone the interview. Go for it and show all the details of the application you made for PCC. You can be considered as one with the lack of papers and not rejected.Your appln. will not be rejected at all.
After that you can go to consulate any time after 7.45 am except last friday and submit the pcc if you obtain from RPO.
Do not postpone your interview or you will fall a lot behind.
Good luck Tiny Tim!
Tell Mom I want be able to come home for christmas!!!!!! :)

Submitted my passport for PCC

Well I had to submit my passport for the PCC so how will I go for the interview without the passport, is it possible will they entertain me....

You cannot fly back

I am in the same boat and I checked with the Consulate in Mumbai they said they will not stamp the visa on your passport plus they will cancel your H1B so you cannot fly back until you submit the PCC.... this thing STINKS
Tiny

Where are you applying for PCC

As I know They just check passport and keep photocopy of it. I got my passport back after applyning in SFO.

Jan. CP appointment in Mumbai

Appt. Date: 10 Jan. 2002
Medical: 7 Jan. 2002 - Lilavati
Receipt of P4: No
PCC: received
EB2
PD: Nov. 1999

Mumbai

Am applying for PCC in Bombay and they take your passport as they stamp the PCC aproval on your passport and so you have to submit your passport or else they do not entertain you... Have been running behind this since Dec.15 and it is one ordeal and have my interview in a few days. Hope I get my PCC till then..

Tiny

IluvGC

Can we also collect Phone # in India or e-mail address of those who are willing to share. This might help us sharing experience individually in such an ambiguous situation involving PCC. Lets form an egroup at yahoo.com so that we can share our e-mail addresses and phone #. I am sending you my details in Private Message.

AshishV: I think private messages (Send/Check Private) should suffice to exchange personal contact